Maybe it was just too far removed from the games I'm used to, but I just didn't find it very fun.

User Rating: 4 | Red Dead Redemption X360
Take this for what it's worth, I didn't play the original and I'm not a big a fan of 3rd person shooters. So, some of you may think I'm nuts (based on many reviews, you will), but there are other players like me AND this is just one opinion. Overall, I found Red Dead Redemption very slow to get started and not all that easy to dive into. For someone who isn't used to 3rd person games, it was a steep learning curve.

I thought the shooting was pretty lame, similar to the last Tomb Raider games. It works, but it's not easy to get an accurate shot and not all that exciting or fun.

The characters were kind of interesting and the voice acting was quite good. But, I just had a hard time getting into the story. Maybe that's because I didn't know the back story.

Visually, the game is very well done. The open atmosphere is cool and the detail is very nicely done. All in all, though, I just thought the game was very slow to get started and the story fell a little flat for me. Maybe I'm just used to more action, but that's me.