The Ratchet and Clank series needs a reality check because co - op does just not work.

User Rating: 5 | Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault PS3
After Ratchet All 4 One experimented with 4 player co - op online which left fans annoyed because it didn't have the fast paced gameplay of the main ones many were hoping this game Full Frontal Assault would but sadly it doesn't

Story

Well the galaxy is under threat from someone unknown that our heroes have faced in the past and it's their job to stop him taking over the galaxy.

Gameplay

The gameplay is your typical Ratchet and Clank but new features include Tower Defense Mode and Assaulting the enemies bases in most places and taking it yourself and protecting you own base hardly what many fans in the series would have wanted.

Also the series hasn't really brought any new guns to the table you haven't seen before you can activate them as weapons to protect your base as well as employ mines to help you even more but there isn't really much fast paced action here and it could be a pain playing it through by yourself. Playing it with friends or via online makes the game better but the series really needs to stop this online co - op and stick to what they are good at. The game plays alright but it just isn't the Ratchet and Clank we know and love.

Presentation

The series as ever looks nice and gorgeous like your playing a Pixar like game. The voice acting and humor have always been very good, It hasn't really wrong with it in terms of looks the series has always had good humor and quality graphics.

Lastability

About 3 or 4 hours and you probably won't play it again.

Overall Opinion

Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault isn't a horrible game it's just not what you want to be doing in a Ratchet and Clank game and with certain weapons returning have Insomniac ran out of ideas in the weapons department. Tower Defense and most of the mission structure hurt it badly. Playing it alone you will be bored pretty soon but with friends it might be a bit of fun but it's been over 3 years since we had the last main Ratchet and Clank game and I think we need another one because this just isn't that fun.

Overall Score 5