User Rating: 7.5 | Prototype PS3
Just like the first InFAMOUS, Prototype is a solid game that gets a bit repetitive. It's still worth playing and... the sequel should be awesome. Prototype and inFAMOUS mosdef share a lot of the same game mechanics, but the first prototype is more solid than the first infamous, and considering infamous 2 was amazing, I'm guessing prototype 2 will be even better. The story of Prototype is pretty generic, but it does do a good job of making you care about the protagonist, and you're badash powers more than makeup for the lack of depth. Scaling walls, pummeling tanks, and consuming enemies takes awhile to get old, and some of the missions are a lot of fun. The stealth concept is refreshing for the genre, and the sheer destruction you can cause will make anyone giddy. The length of the game is worth the now 20$ price, but only trophy hunters will have a reason to replay. The game does start to stutter after a hand full of hours. The missions get a bit repetitive, as does running up walls and the combat. I truly believe the core of this game is very solid and it's a great starting point for a series. I have a deep feeling, the sequel is going to rock and fix on all the issues the first prototype has.