Am I the only one who misses the little things from Prototype 1?

#1 Posted by Impulse_187 (67 posts) -

I was playing Prototype 2 and to my disappointment a lot of the things that I enjoyed from number 1 were missing. 

1- The sliding down the wall. I used to like sliding down in side of buildings. I did it almost every time.

2- The cannon ability

3- Grabbing the wall and climbing up slowly.

4- The armor ability

Also, not so little:

Being the Anti-Hero

The ability to

#2 Posted by Impulse_187 (67 posts) -

The ability to

Impulse_187
That was an accident, I meant to delete that.
#3 Posted by Sebz4000 (20 posts) -

The climbing up the wall thing was worthless, first of all, unless you were trying to get to the top of a spire or something. There are no ultra-pinpoint moments in Prototype 2 because there are none of the Charge Orbs or whatever. The Cannon (hyper flesh fire or whatever) sort of got replaced with the Colossal Mayhem Pack Thermoboomstick or whatever. A hyper amount of damage, can be used multiple times, just with a larger, nukey range. The Armor Power will be returning for both Heller and Mercer in the Excessive Force DLC pack (only for Mercer if you have Radnet) and should hopefully provide the tanksmashing you've been craving.

#4 Posted by Coyful (479 posts) -
I do kinda miss Mercer's fleshy Kamehameha blast thing, but the charged Tendrils make up for it. Majorly though I miss being able to hold down the jump button to charge it; you could keep it charged during a sprint and time your launchs juuust so.
#5 Posted by TKDK4 (1 posts) -
I miss all that too, I also miss being able to call in artillery strikes and using patsies. I feel that they also need to put in a skindex for free roam, where the player can select any skin that they've ever consumed for when they go into disguise.
#6 Posted by kente10 (341 posts) -
I agree completely, TC. Trust me, Sebz, the climbing up the wall thing was NOT useless. You don't know how many times I needed a good, high angle on an opponent but couldn't get that because I couldn't attach to a wall. More things I personally miss: The backflips Destroying trees The more complex hand to hand combat The old control scheme Prototype 1 had endless playability for me because I learned how to use these things to play in style. Prototype 2 took away all the fun little things to focus on the more important (but not as fun) aspects of the game.
#7 Posted by Majin72 (264 posts) -

No clue why they took out the wall slide... maybe they thought it was just too cool to stay, or they thought that since Infamous 1 and 2 didn't have it, this one shouldn't either.  It's all about keeping up with the Joneses, the opening sequence should be proof enough of that.

#8 Posted by Billy-De-Kid (257 posts) -

The Armor Power will be returning for both Heller and Mercer in the Excessive Force DLC pack (only for Mercer if you have Radnet) and should hopefully provide the tanksmashing you've been craving.

Sebz4000

Wait, you can play as MERCER?!  HOW?!

#9 Posted by Majin72 (264 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sebz4000"]

The Armor Power will be returning for both Heller and Mercer in the Excessive Force DLC pack (only for Mercer if you have Radnet) and should hopefully provide the tanksmashing you've been craving.

Billy-De-Kid

Wait, you can play as MERCER?! HOW?!

If you have RADNET and complete all of the challenges, then you get the Alex Mercer skin to play with. Of course, you can't really do that until the second week of June because of RADNET events being time released.

#10 Posted by AkuScorn (444 posts) -

What about the buildings you can destroy in the infected zones...? 

I kind of miss those.  

#11 Posted by Yossi1007 (142 posts) -

wall slide? like what you do when you go down a building on your knees?

i think it was a left over from the spiderman game...(if you didn't notice it's the same engine...)

the wall climbing was not useless... whe you wall run the meter will go up and fill in with yellow but if you climb it doesn't(i guess they really hate you breaking the windows?)