bonesawisready5 marked this as the best answer
I'm playing through Ni No Kuni right now, really like it but man, there are some very annoying flaws that I want to know if there are fixes for it.
I'm at the part where you just got Esther and you're going to the sage trials in the desert. My problem is Esther just keeps getting knocked out no matter what I tell her to do, using items to give her more magic or HP seems like a total waste since she'll just get KO'd anyway.
My second complaint, and maybe I should be buying loads of those items to give MP but all my familiars seem so weak that it makes more sense to play as the kid during battles and use fireball or pulse on enemies but then i'm literally stuck walking around, defending until a blue MP orb is randomly dropped to recharge because I'm always running out of MP.
Random enemies do a lot of damage with certain attacks surprisingly even while playing on easy.
Can anyone tell me if this gets less annoying or if theres something I can do to alleviate Esther's annoying deaths and having to wait to get more MP? If anyone has advice its appreciated these two issues are annoying me so very much.
The trick with Ni No Kuni is to grind like crazy. I've been on it about 60 hours so far and I'd estimate I've spent a good 20 hours of that just battling random monsters to level up and I'm now level 99 for everything. Better to be way overpowered then ever find yourself underpowered.
Few tips for you:
- As soon as you get access to a boat (probably another 3 hours for you) then go to Ugly Duckling Island and farm Tokos. They give you ridiculous XP and you'll find your levels going up like crazy.
- Once you can tame familiars try and find a good balance for your teams. Give each one a battler, a healer and a tank. That should stop Ester getting owned so much (try the Umberwood with her)
- As soon as you get the dragon go to Perdida and farm Toko Tokos (9000 XP each)
- As soon as you get the dragon tame a dinoceros (on the steps next to Al Mamoon). It's by far the best familiar in the game.
- dinoceros + earsplitter move = win almost every battle with 1 hit.
I would say the best advice is just to grind and level up as much as possible before entering a new dungeon. I think I was around level 20-25 when doing the trials.