I am asking for five simple things from the next Terminator movie. I believe these are simple requests, that would have been a natural place for the series to go after the first sequel (which I love, but it is still too similar to the first film).
1. Post Apocalyptic Future – Now we saw the skull littered, giant chrome monster, Metal Gear armored, future since 1984, and in the two movies since then we have seen just glimpses of this ultra cool future. Please, make the whole damned movie only after the bombs dropped.
2. No More Arnold – I love Arnold, but at a certain point age you need to realize that robots don't age.
3. No More Time Travel – There is nothing inherently time based about this series, the series just lost its creativity and each successive film was trying to be its predecessor.
4. No More Nanobots – This is a general want out of all movies, but T3 had one of the worst uses of "nanobots" with the big car chase scene. Ah, the stupidity.
5. No More Jonathan Mostow – I was under-welmed by T3 in everyway, and thought that the treatment was pedestrian at best. There was no daring choices, no quintessentially creative ideas, just the normal, bigger, badder ideas. Now that the series is seeing a new start let a young director take the reins. I'd love to see Timur Bekmambetov, or Joss Whedon take the reins. My ultimate pick would be John McTiernan as the new director of the series. Hes not young, hes got the most mixed of filmographies, but the man needs a another good swipe at the Sci-Fi-Action genre and this could be it. I mean he made Predator for god sake.