1. FALLOUT 3- What a great game!!! It's not perfect by any means, and you could spend a whole day picking out the flaws, but it's the most immersive gaming experience I've come across in a long while, and the gameworld is one of the most impressive I've ever seen. I'm 9 hours in and I've barely even touched the main quest. I've decided to complete all the side quests currently available to me, and then I'm gonna have to seriously think about blowing up Megaton (a sidequest so delicious, my mouth is watering from just thinking about it). You see, I've grown to like Megaton and some of its citizens, but damn, I have an option to set off a nuclear bomb, completely wiping the town off the map! Even though I've played as a good character so far, this act of genocide may just be too tempting to pass up. This kind of thing makes Fallout 3 easily the best game of the year. Easily. It's absolutely brilliant.
PS- If you've played the game, what did you decide to do with Megaton? It's a really tough decision.
2. DEAD SPACE- What a disappointment! It's polished to a shine, it looks great, combat is very satisfying, and zero-g sequences are fantastic. Pity everything else about it is generic at best, downright mediocre at worst. The story is absolutely ridiculous, with one of the worst final scenes I've ever seen. The missions themselves are completely unexciting. The atmosphere completely disappears once you realise how damn repetitive the whole thing is. The horror is virtually non-existent. The GS review is filled with outright lies. Disappointing, indeed. The sad thing is that it clearly has the makings of a good, even great, game, but the entire experience is hopelessly padded out, and marred by some very average design.
3. GTAIV- The most unfairly criticized game in history. Even some of the people who say they liked it (looking at you, turbo) "admit" that it wasn't fun :?. How can you like a game that's not fun? I thought it was very fun, and clearly the second best game I've played this year. Everyone goes on about the lack of content, but I don't really know what they're talking about. I don't know about anyone else, but I got 68 hours out of it, which is more than enough for me. I thought the city was just amazing, so much so that I'd sometimes just cruise around checking out the sites. The combat, storytelling and driving were all vastly improved over the previous games in the series. I also loved the general atmospere, and I could see nothing wrong with the much maligned Police chases. I thought it was a good thing that they were easier to negotiate this time around.
Although some gameplay flaws are undeniable, I won't talk about them here, just like the haters never seem to point out even the clearest of positives. I will never understand the level of vitriol this game has received....
4. MIRROR'S EDGE- I can't decide whether I need this game. It looks like a breath of fresh air in a marked saturated with polished but predictable sequels and a glut of generic shooters. BUT, the reviews are far from convincing. There's obviously a major flaw somewhere, which makes me a bit hesitant to splurge impulsively. Anyone played it yet? Is it good? Do I NEED it?
5. VERBOSE- So edit me :x.
6. EXIL'D- A most grave injustice. The Collins Pocket English Dictionary defines the word "retarded" as "underdeveloped, especially mentally". One could argue that Bali bombers were indeed mentally underdeveloped. So taken even at face value, the sentence in no way warranted an exile (a suspension). For those who don't know, they forcibly removed me from these shores, dumped me in the desert with no food or water, and left me to find my own way back. Over nothing!!! O, most foul and grave injustice! I will never vote for the present administration again, and will encourage Revolution and Anarchy at every opportunity, until they finally send their anonymous secret agents to silence me forever.
7. EIGHT- RAAAAAAAAAAH!!!WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! pain. the tears. but the laughter. we must never forget the laughter.
8. 000- Her face. I think of her face. Her body.
10. Whatever I do... Whichever way we... I mean.