For those of you who haven't been paying a lot attention to the tennis last week, here are some quotes uttered by tennis players when their tongues work faster than their brains. I got these from the Australian open official site, I'm just posting them here to satisfy my ego and to compete with foolz3h's blog. Enjoy.
- Serena Williams on her lapses in concentration.
"I have mental issues, too, so ... I think everyone has mental issues."
- Nadia Petrova explains that she doesn't know how Sara Errani plays.
"I've never felt her balls."
- Grand Slam celebration, Dinara Safina-****
"I'll go and buy chocolate cake. This would be my present for myself, that, yes, I can eat that chocolate cake."
- Roger Federer declines a journalist's request for one of his towels.
"We don't have that many. They're for my friends. I don't know you. But good try."
- Elena Dementieva sympathises with Melbourne Park's resident moths.
"Oh, I mean, it was hot for everyone, you know. They were like ready to die; not to survive a day like that."
- Serena agrees with Dinara Safina's high opinion of her brother.
"I idolised Marat, too (smiling). I can totally understand."
- Fernando Verdasco's plan to beat the heat.
"If you tell me now, I will go to the fridge. I will put myself in for few days."
- Dinara Safina on the benefits of being world No. 3.
"Now when I practice there is more people standing watching me, that I get better court, that I'm not anymore Marat's sister. That's different"
- Serena Williams describes her excitement over possibly claiming a 10th Grand Slam title.
"Maybe I'll get the special 10-plus bonus mail."
- Sorry Rafa, when exactly did you play?
"No, I played one day night, one day night, one day night, next day, day."
- Jelena Jankovic ignores a journalist's question by asking one of her own.
"Was it you there in the match, or was it somebody else talking to me during the match? When I was getting a towel, there was a man just like you. To be honest, it's for real. Maybe it's your clone or something … he was cheering for me. I don't know. He looked just like you. Now when I saw you …"
- Andy Roddick justifies his loss to Serena Williams in their early teenage years.
"When we were 10, I had to literally run around in the shower to get wet. I was this big. She was bench pressing dump trucks already at that time. I told her that yesterday, and she got a good laugh. Any chance she gets she just does it to get under my skin, and she does it very successfully… She forgets to mention that it was 1993."
- Williams stirs the pot.
"He just got jealous because my body was more fit and that my biceps are probably still bigger than his. Andy is incredibly jealous of me. You know, I just don't know why. I can't blame him really."
- Safe to say Roger Federer isn't a video line-calling fan.
"What do I think about it? It's horrible. I don't like it, no."
- Serena Williams reveals the secret to self-motivation
"Well, I was thinking, 'Okay, if you lose, you're going to fly coach all the way back to Florida', how uncomfortable that would be… I wouldn't allow myself to have the emergency row either. I would be so mad, I would have to sit like the last row, the tightest row."
- Marat Safin is less than impressed after being foot-faulted.
"Well, just unfortunately some people, they want to take five seconds of the camera and to show everybody that he's in the match. It's sad story. Just unfortunately it's the most stupid thing I ever saw in my life"
- Andy Roddick's advice for healthy skin.
"Red is a good colour. If you're out in the sun long enough, your freckles might connect and then you might get a good tan"
Roger Federer explains the secret to successful challenging.
"You need bad linespeople. They got to help you out."
- Jelena Jankovic reveals her futuristic footwear plans.
"I will tell them to put some air‑conditioning in [my shoes]. Especially with the technology growing and getting better, I believe in the future we will have these kind of things, too. It would be nice."
- Serena Williams, more than just a pretty face.
"I can do it all. I cook, I clean, I write, I make jokes, I tape (smiling). You know, I just pretty much do everything."
- Marat Safin looking forward to life after tennis.
"Enjoy myself. Enjoy myself. Enjoy being out of tennis. See it in a different way. Watch tennis on TV, for example. Cheer for somebody else. I don't know."
- Venus Williams on braving Melbourne's roads
"I drive everywhere. I drive to Fitzroy. I've driven to St. Kilda. I've driven downtown. I make that wide turn. I get lost. I take detours. I double back and I succeed. I want to try a drive‑through. That's next."
- Serena Williams on her superstitions at the Australian Open.
"There's just one shower I always use here. You know, I always want the same locker, but I can't remember for the life of me what locker I use, so ... I guess it doesn't necessarily work"