Hi my friends,
My family and I have finally listened to the Flight of the Conchords soundtrack. Let me tell you, almost every song from the show that's in that soundtrack is extended and make the songs more awesome. Yet, also some have changed, but are still the funny songs that they are now. (except buisness time)
How I became an FOTC fan: My mom and dad were fans when they were watching music videos of FOTC on the internet. (including their live shows) A few months later, my dad bought season 1 of the t.v. series. Later, almost everybody in my family loved FOTC (including me).
The best FOTC songs (in my opinion, on the show and off)
1. Inner City Pressure- (heard in FOTC episode 2) This Pet Shop Boys spoof of a song has Bret and Jemaine eating a "free" dinner Bret found on the street, they were sick and tired of being poor, so they ask Murray Hewitt (Rhys Darby), their band manager and worker of the NZ consulate, for some money to help them live.
2. Sello Tape- (heard in FOTC episode 4) Jemaine and Murray argue that Bret has a girlfriend and may ruin the reputation for the band, so Bret says he leaves the band, and ditches the apartment he and Jemaine live at, but he goes back to the band after that.
3. Jenny- (not heard in the show) during a live show, the real Bret and Jemaine start the show off with a song that has them telling a story about a boy and a girl.
2 best comedic moments from them
1. Albi- (Seen in episode 7) Jemaine and Bret get a video tape from back home of NZ t.v., they encounter a t.v., show they watched when they were kids called "Albi", after the show Bret and Jemaine cry because what they saw on the t.v., is how they lived in that episode.
2. Angry Dance- (seen in episode 12, season finale) A new member of the band Todd, threatens Jemaine to fire Bret, he loses it by dancing. Later, Bret and Jemaine regroup, Todd gets a new band member named Demietri, Murray supports more of the second band, Bret loses it again, Jemaine joins him.
That's why FOTC is so funny. Flight of the Conchords appears on HBO in the US, BBC 4 in the UK, it's coming late this year in Australia on network Ten.