Lately I've been playing around with Minecraft again :D
Mods and Tools
I tried out some popular mods from http://www.minecraftforum.net/ I'm quite impressed with all those "tools" and other stuff you can add to Minecraft. Although I'm not much into hacks and cheats because I want to play games the fair way (mainly because it's much more fun this way then cheating) but for Minecraft I have to say it doesn't feel like cheating to use all kinds of mods. It's rather the option to add something cool to the games experience. I would like to mention only a few mods and tools for making Minecraft easier for those who would like to build creative things in it but hate the repetitive and routine tasks which have almost nothing in common with creativity although they are necessary to build anything.
- Single Player Commands ("It's like having over 100 mods in one" by simo_415 the developer) - it gives you commands like flying and time control like in the Server version but for single players. Just type in the command in the "single player chat" and voila ^_^
- TooManyItems (It gives you instant access to all Minecraft items, no crafting needed or ID's to remember)
- Minecraft Structure Planner (plan your structures like in a pixel art maker and import them into Minecraft world via MCEdit or use the blueprints to build it on your own)
- MCEdit (A very powerful tool to edit the Minecraft world. All from importing creations or editing the whole world)
- Circuit Simulator (useful to play around with redstone circuits there is a version which supports pistons as well)
Pirate Ship Project [Unfinished]
Lately I've been working on a little bigger project in Minecraft and here are some pictures form it. I used above mods and tools to make this one happen although I didn't used them all from the start. I began searching for them according to my needs when I was trying to make it this far. Enough of talk here is some footage.
The creepy entrance :P
The Inside (there will be water under the ship of course, also the walls will be more like - cave shaped - not just sliced like butter :P)
The ship was made with the help of Minecraft Structure Planner (I just loved the design process) which looks like this:
Although I had the option to import it to the world I decide to make it "by hand"
Well I was wondering how to make a quicker way from my "HQ" to the house on water. I could use a train but I have to make a bridge over the water to make it there and this doesn't looks so appealing. So why not to hide the railway under the water?
Here is the result:
See the glass underwater there? Well this is it :)
Floating Island [Finished]
That's how it looks like after I add some more dirt blocks to this floating square in the sky. I was thinking to make a lift to the island with pistons but it's harder then you might imagine to achieve something like this! A portal was the second option but it would be placed to close to an already active portal. For now I don't know how to get there except using a ladder or a Mod. Do you have any ideas?
Here is the finished version
I made this one a while ago but still it's worth of sharing (I used here deku light textures to add this unstoppable charming look to it ^_^)3
Well try it yourselves and if you wish leave your experience in a comment below
Bonus - look at the sign below :lol: