About two weeks ago, I posted a short blog curious to find out what TV shows people were watching and the response was interesting. There was quite a variety of shows that people watch so I wanted to try this again but with something different.
I listen to a lot of podcasts. On weekends or when I'm at the gym, I'm listening to podcast of somesort. Since I listen to a lot, I wanted to list them out for everyone and find out what podcasts other people have in their MP3 players and if there are any in particular that I should be listening to but am not.
Be forewarned, this list people is long and even contains some 'rival' podcasts. I've grouped them together so if people are interested in finding them on iTunes, it shouldn't be too difficult.
So here goes:
- The Adam Carolla Show
- The Comedy Button
- Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
- ESPN: Around The Horn
- ESPN: Pardon The Interuption
- ESPN: The B.S. Report
- Radio 5 Live: Fighting Talk
- The Guardian: Football Weekly
- The Grantland Network - only a few though (Mens with Blazers and any of the TV related podcasts)
- Jason Whitlock Podcast
- BBC World Service's World Football
- The Hot Spot - although I'm watching it now instead of listening to it on my iPod
- The Giant Bombcast - their 3 hour podcasts can be really taxing and often take me a couple of days to listen to
- A few IGN Podcasts - Podcast Beyond and Game Scoop (their Nintendo and Xbox Podcasts are not that interesting)
- Irrational Podcast
- A Life Well Wasted - although there hasn't been a new episode in a very long time (nearly 2 years)
- Rebel FM
- Weekend Confirmed
- The Geekbox
- The Hey Ash, Watcha Podcast
- Paul Van Dyk's VONYC Sessions Podcast
- Tiesto's Club Life
- This American Life
- IGN's Knockin' Boot - Relationship Podcast (like listening to the odd dating advice they give.)
As you can see, I have quite the collection and yup, even podcasts from other gaming sites. In my defense, I think it's good to hear what other people in the gaming press have to say as there are so many interesting people in the industry with very different opinions. Both Rebel FM and The Geekbox were spin-offs of older 1Up Podcasts, which used to be the the industry standard before various people left that site.
The only thing that is really lacking for me is a good sports gaming podcast. I used to really enjoy 1Up.com's Sports Anamoly Podcast that was hosted by Todd Zuniga. I've heard that he and a few ex 1Up people started the 4th String Podcast but haven't caught an episode yet. I tried to listen to Gamesradar's Sports Podcast but not a big fan of the one person format. Sports and sports gaming should be discussed in groups and having one guy either talk to the audience solo or have an hour long interview with someone from the industry is a bit bland.
So now that you've seen my list, are there any podcasts that I'm missing that I should be listening to? No topic is out of reach. If you think there is an excellent podcast that people should be listening to, now is your chance to let me and others know. Heck, if you have a podcast and want some exposure, now's the chance!