1. You can live longer-the secret's in that cup of java.
People who drank 6 or more cups of coffee a fay are between 17 and 20 % less likely to die prematurely than those who don't drink java at all. The positive effect is slightly more pronounced in women than men. Coffee fights liver cancer, gout, type-2 diabetes and Parkinsons's disease. It also combats hardening of the arteries in women.
2. To attract luck, wear forest green
People associate green with wealth, money, good luck, confidence and a nurturing personality and instantly feel more positive about the person wearing it.
3. Stick to the magic sleep number
It's 7! People who snooze at least that long typically have longer life spans.
4. Socializing more to fend off illness
Chatting with people you like and trust wards off depression, which is study proven to weaken the immune system. People who keep their social calendar full are 22 % lees likely to die young than loners.
5. Enjoying a hobby to keep cells young
All works an no play rapidly age cells, making them more vulnerable to disease. Doing something enjoyable for 30 minutes daily reduces your risk of early death by 40%
6. Halving your risk of heart woes by doing this
Excercising and or/drinking wine! Peope who don't do either have a 30% to 49% higher risk of heart isease than people who do one or both.
7. Eating like a Greek to age gracefully
Those who enjoy the mosty Mediterranean fare such as fruits, vegetables, beans, fish, bread, olive oil and wine live the longest.
1. How Smart Are You?
(Passing requires 4 correct answers...)
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) From which animal do we get catgut? Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? New Zealand
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange, of course.
2. Memories and Good Fortune
An elderly couple were celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired.
Holding hands, they walked back to their old school. It was not locked,so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where Andy had carved, "I love you,Sally."
On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an armored car, practically landing at their feet. Sally quickly picked it up, but not sure what to do with it,they took it home. There, she counted the money. It totaled fifty thousand dollars.
Andy said, "We've got to give it back." Sally said, "Finders keepers." She put the money back in the bag and hid it in their attic.
The next day two FBI men were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money,and knock on the door. "Pardon me,but did either of you find a bag that fell out of an armored car yesterday?"
Sally said, "No."
Andy said, "She's lying.She hid it up in the attic."
Sally said, "Don't believe him, he's getting senile."
The agents turn to Andy and began to question him. One says: "Tell us the story from the beginning."
Andy said, "Well,when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday..."
The first FBI guy turns to his partner and says, "We're outta here!!!"
3. Man and Wife
A man and his wife are sitting in the living room and he says to her, "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state dependent on some machine. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."
"OK," says his wife as she gets up and unplugs the TV.
4. Problem Solving
A Software Engineer, a Hardware Engineer and a Departmental Manager were on their way to a meeting in Switzerland. They were driving down a steep mountain road when suddenly the brakes on their car failed. The car careened almost out of control down the road, bouncing off the crash barriers, until it miraculously ground to a halt, scraping along the mountainside.
The car's occupants, shaken but unhurt, now had a problem: they were stuck halfway down a mountain in a car with no brakes. What were they to do?
"I know", said the Departmental Manager, "Let's have a meeting, propose a Vision, formulate a Mission Statement, define some Goals, and by a process of Continuous Improvement find a solution to the Critical Problems, and we can be on our way."
"No, no", said the Hardware Engineer, "That will take far too long, and besides, that method has never worked before. I've got my Swiss Army knife with me, and in no time at all I can strip down the car's braking system, isolate the fault, fix it, and we can be on our way."
"Well", said the Software Engineer, "Before we do anything, I think we should push the car back up the road and see if it happens again."
Here's one of my favorite anime ending songs. Oh what fond memories I have of watching Inuyasha late at night never mind the fact that I had to get up at 5 A.M. for school back than.