Hello everyone. This is my first community interview and my first guest is canana. I don't have to speck much about him, as he's one of those names at GS who are familiar to many. To some he's a great leader (specially at sector 7), to some he's an active community person/blogger and to many he's a good friend. I'm really glad that he's agreed to do this interview with me…so I won't keep you guys waiting for more form cananas' life :)
-What's your real name and where you live? Tell us something about your place.
My real name is Marco.Well,i live in a small town in the south interior of Portugal,Estremoz.Everyone knows everyone,and i also work there.Just google it,it's there :)
- What's the first impression about yourself when you look at the mirror?
Well,short and sweet:I'm geting old :)
- A very important question..why do you like this site?
I've found GS by simply luck,i was searching for some info about a game.I visit GS since 2003,but i've only register in Oct 6,2006.I was too active and i didn't knew nothing how great GS was,all the comunity,all the great information about new games.
- I know this sounds stupid, but why do you like games?
I'm a gamer since 1985.When my father bought me a ZX-Spectrum i wasn't expecting too much,but,then there was a N64,SNES,NES,Dreamcast,PSone,PS2,Xbox and now a PS3.I like games because it takes you to another world,complitly diferent from the real one.
- Any memory that you want to forget?
I've made some mistakes that i would like to erase in my memory,but i can't delete them,so you have to live with them.
- Any memory that you never want to forget?
I have some great memories in my youth,for example when i was a teenager
- What do you do for living? And do you like your job?
I'm in the Armed forces,i'm a Para-Trooper.I was a recruit in 1995,i was in the cavalary.Then i've made a decision.I've comeback in 1998 until now.
I have 5 berets that i'm proud of it.Black-Joining the normal troop with a specialty:Cavalary.Red-Commandos-This was just a bet with some guy(he's one of my bests friends,he said"You don't have the gutz to join the Commandos,you are skiny and you just can't make it",well it was hard,but i've made it.Light Green:Ranger,this traning was just a challenge for me,more mental then fisical.Green :P ara-Tropper.I'm afraid of heights,and believe,when you jump off a plane,the only thing you can think is:Is this going to open?" Blue:That was beacuse i was in many conflict zones,you are in the U.N.,you have to be proud of that.I was in Kosovo,East Timor(Twice),Afganhistan,Iraq,Turkey.
- Beside all your hobbies, what makes you feel good?
Arriving home at the end of the day.
- Everyone must have some sort of goal behind the amount of time they are inputting here. Do you expect anything form this community?
My current goal is just to become a GS moderator,it will take some hard work for me.
- What's your idea about life?
It's like a cycle:We all have to die some day.
- What's your favorite quote?
- If you were asked to interview someone form this community, who'd be that person?
I would say _veDnoR
- What do you think of the interviewer?
He's a recent GS member,and he's in my union.I've helped him a few times,i've told him how GS works.It's hard to describe him,it will take some time to know him,but i will make it :P ,after all he's also my friend.
- Thanks for your time canana, I'm sure people'll enjoy reading about you :)