You know, I consider myself a patient person. I am perfectly fine listening once in a while. Just letting the conversation happen, and learning a thing or two, you know?
I mean, who doesn't mind just listening to what others have to say once in a while? Oh yeah, the douchebag of the office, that's who. Every office has one, and I think my associate on these boards can agree that it gets very tiresome. Here is how every day goes:
1. Myself and a couple associates want to have a conversation.
2. We find a place to have that conversation, whether it be the break room, an office, or a hallway.
3. Mr. Douchebag conversation slut comes in, and nobody knows how he could even smell out that fun was happening somewhere.
4. Mr. Douchebag speaks as loudly as he can, interrupting the person currently talking, and drowning out any other voices until all attention is on him.
5. Mr. Douchebag talks, and talks, and talks, and talks, and talks, until everyone is bored and just walks away.
I mean, he feels like he has to not only be part of every conversation in the office, but needs to be THE conversation of the office. And it's not only just talking, it's usually a lecture of some sort. "You know, if you are looking to do your work better, here's how you should do it, because you obviously aren't competent enough to do your own job even though I have neither the skills nor background to do it." Really douchebag? How about I plant some drugs in your cube and accidentally leave an anonymous tip.There's no better cure for being a jerk than to do it to people that can assert vengeance on you in the showers.
Our personal office conversation hog also does not like to be told anything. If you manage to get a single phrase in, you will be met promptly with an "I know but..." or an "I know that...". Thus the title (think carefully about it). It has become an office inside joke.
In the least, I would expect him to take hints. You know, the fact that everybody disperses momentarily after he joins the conversation...
So to recap, every person reading this blog, please take a close look at yourself. Because if you don't have an office douchebag, you might be it. And everybody is laughing at you behind your back. This has been an Ultimo service broadcast.