Seriously, OT is the most boring place on the Internet. I honestly haven't seen a single solitary interesting thing happen around there in a dog's age, what with the overwhelming amount of threads consisting of bickering breathlessly about politics and religion with nobody presenting anything resembling a well though-out idea regardless of stance. I've been lurking around there on and off for the past month and I honestly can't find anything worth posting in anymore. Instead of making a large, tl;dr-worthy blog, I'll just give a list of what I find wrong with the place:
1. Overly strict rules that are supposed to apply to people 12 and under, even though most users I've seen are at least over 18.
2. Moderators (not pointing out anyone specific) that take the ToU too literally and won't let much (if anything) slide.
3. Religion threads that consist of "OMG U WERSHIP GAD OLOLOLOLOLOL," "O U HATIN ON MY RELIGIN YR IGNRNT OMGOMGOMG," and, worst of all "WATCH ME WHILE I PULL THIS PHILOSOPHICAL ARGUMENT OUT OF MY ASS!"
4. Political threads that have such horribly misguided and uninformed opinions that it would make a Political Science professor commit suicide.
5. Humor so stale and predictable (mainly due to the strictness of the ToU) that I found myself being forced to either repost a joke that I made a thousand times before or wait for someone to come up with something original...which takes a ******* eternity.
6. Users that become easily offended and like to abuse the "Report Abuse " button so much that I want to call social services on them.
7. Related to 3 and 4: people who will completely ignore your post regardless of how level-headed you are and look for an argument that doesn't exist.
8. "OMG HOW DO I TAK 2 THES GURL OMGASMIDUNNOLOL," or, in other words, girl help threads. I would sooner ask a convicted sex offender than inquire OT about how to talk to the opposite gender. What drives someone to that degree of desperation is beyond me, but it looks like every other ******* user on here can't seem to figure out how to talk to a woman. Is it really that difficult?
9. Specific users. No, I'm not going to name anyone in particular (but I will say that the folks that have been commenting on my blogs for the past few months are nice and pretty cool) but it may surprise you who I exactly hate...not that I'll tell you or anything. In fact, there's at least one user that you'd expect me to dislike that I frankly don't have any strong opinion on. In any case, there are specific people around here that bug me because they like being involved in the previously stated reasons.
10. The board comes off as a neverending popularity contest. Being popular on an online forum such as OT is nothing really to brag about (not really all that shameful, either) and there are users who just love to garner as much attention to themselves by sticking around the place all the time and posting boring-as-**** comments on nearly every thread that comes up. Once again, not going to name anyone in particular but I will hint that a good deal of them hang around in Roll Call. Sure, there are maybe one or two people in Roll Call that I don't have any real dislike for, but there are more than enough in there that I dislike to make my posts in there rare.
Will I come back to OT? Maybe, but that would be a long ways off. I'll use my blog at the most when it comes to activity on this site but anything beyond that is not likely at the moment. Maybe this is just an overdue break, maybe this is a permanent vacation, I don't know.
If you want to talk to me, just leave a comment here and I'll get back to you. I'll still check up and post on my blog every now and then.
Also, you could add me to PSN if you want. My username is listed on my profile.