Hi, this may be too late going by the date of your post, but I had the same problem with the same TV. Here is the fix.
1. Change the tv settings in the Wii settings menu to 480i (don't worry this is just temporary)
2. Start a VC game. and hit the home button after 30 seconds or so.
3. Select operations manual and the connect a nunchuck to the wiimote.
4. Now hold down A and 2 at the same time on the wiimote and z on the nunchuck. You should here a chime.
5. Exit the operations manual and all should be fine. Now switch your tv settings back to 480p.
Hope I've been a help!
This worked. Unbelievable that after 4 years we still had to do this to get it to work.