This blog is about my dream racing wheel. Its as simple as that. I will describe it, and tell you why I want it, along with features that racing games should start adding to their games to conform to this racing wheel. I will put it in list form. Here goes.
My Ideal Race Wheel: (add all these features to the current Logitech Driving Force EX)
1. Clutch. I want a clutch. This will also have to be a feature for racing games to add. Make it something like, R1 for the controller, and obviously, a foot-pedal for the race wheel, as that type of clutch is more common.
2. Gear Shifting. I want a detachable 6-speed gear shift knob-stylethat you can put on the right or left side of the wheel, depending on what country the car you are driving is from, but I want to keep the paddle shifting option for Ferrari's and such other cars that use that. For cars with less gears than 6, any shifting above their maximum gear will just put the vehicle in neutral. Any vehicles that have more than 6 gears will use the paddle shifting.
3. Customization. Different center caps, different wraps, colours to choose from, etc. Different shift knobs, different pedals.
4. Price. Obviously, I want all this for as low a price as possible.
5. Wireless. Some living rooms are not set up for the optimum corded steering wheel(mine...I have a table in between my couch and T.V. and the T.V. is pretty far away from the couch). I want to be able to charge it in my laptop/PS3 just like the PS3 SIXAXIS controllers.
Bonus: The coolest, most useful and probably most impossible feature would be combatibility with Xbox 360, so I can use it to play Forza as well, instead of buying two wheels, or just not playing one game with a wheel.
Well, that's pretty much my ideal wheel. My most anticipated game for use with a racing wheel is obviously GT5, but NASCAR 08 might be cool too. Feel free to comment.
Games I want to play:
Dungeon Siege II (because I havent finished it yet, it dodn't work well on my old comp, and I cant get it running on my new comp!)
Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
Dungeon Siege I mods like Ultima V: Lazarus, and The Elemental
Need for Speed: Carbon (not out yet though)
LotR: Shadows of Angmar (MMORPG, but I dont wanna pay, just wanna play!)
Dead Rising (but I don't have a 360)
Halo 2 and 3
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony (dont have PSP though)
Gran Turismo 4 (already playing, want to finish)
ProStroke World Tour 2007 golf
Call of Duty 3
God of War II
Neverwinter Nights II
But I am leaving for University in a couple weeks, and I wont have as much time to play games anymore! I am sad.
I am headed to B.C. for three weeks. I leave on saturday, and won't be back till July 30. I can't wait to get away from it all, take three weeks off work and just relax. I am going to stuff myself full of fresh fruit and fish, and my Grandma's homemade dinners including cream n' dill baby potatoes...my favorite. *drool* Anyway, I won't have access to a computer very often, if at all, so I probably won't see this site for a while, so I will see you all lataz!
P.S. the trip is nowhere near as extravagent as geosicdome's, but it will be good nonetheless.
Thats right, my first time being an officer...
It's the Dungeon Siege Union, and anyone interested in joining, just go to:
Hope we get alot of members!