Next Gen for me:
Well its been a very long time since my last blog, and this will be a bit of a long one given its games centric.
Yesterday, I bought and built a gaming computer finally. My build is as follows:
1. Logitech k260 wireless keyboard and mouse
2. DVD player/burner
3. 1 terabyte Seagate 7200 rpm hard drive
4. cooler master Trooper case
5. cooler master heat sink
6. Sapphire HD Radeon 7950 Vapor-X (Graphics card)
7. Kingston Hyperx 8 Gigs of Ram
8. Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 Motherboard
9. Thermaltake 850W Gold certified power supply
10. AMD FX 8350 Vishera 4.0 Ghz, 18 MB Total Cache
11. Windows 7 Pro
12. Wireless Adaptor put in
6 fans in all, can control it manually or automatically
Option to add another 8 gigs of Kingston HyperX, another graphics card, hard drives, blu-ray drive
Still putting some games on it, see how it really fairs for me this summer. If my PC gaming experience just turns into a situation where Im constantly tinkering to get games to run on them then my backup is the PS4.
My job has me workin 10-12 hours a day. And then I got the weekend. So time is short for me, so in between working and life, I dont got a lot of time in my free time to be spending tinkering When i wanna play a game - I WANNA play a game.
Often during the week Im living on the rigs in the desert, and while I dont need to take my laptop, I do take with me 3 electronic devices in my backpack carryon. The Ipad Mini (books, a few movies, and lots of comics, and the odd game like Mass Effect : Infiltrator will get Deus Ex : The Fall), the Nintendo 3DS, and the Playstation Vita. I didnt think itd happen, but lately Im way more of a handheld gamer then I am a home-system gamer.
Anyways, gonna try to keep this short:
Watching E3 this year, I knew where my load was gonna lead me to play:
- PC/PS4 (at home)
- Vita/3DS (at night on the rigs at work)
- WiiU (for occasional old Nintendo nostalgia fun) + PS3 (Legacy console with 100+ games for it)
If PC works out best for me as I hope from my massive initial investment into it then Ill be going PC mostly. If not, then its PS4. Fairly simple.
Games I was most excited for per platform (colored very excited, bolded excited, normal looking forward to playing):
- Metal Gear Solid V : Phantom Pain
- Infamous : Second Son
- Killzone : Shadow Fall (launch game Ill get)
- Final Fantasy 15 (wont get too excited, because how much longer is the wait)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 (same as FF15)
- Battlefield 4 (havent decided if I wanna get this on PS4 because I prefer the console space for FPS multiplayer)
- Batman : Arkham Origins
- Mirrors Edge 2
- Wolfenstein : New Order (never been a Wolfenstein fan, but this game has DEFINITELY got my attention)
- The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt
- Assassins Creed 4 : Black Flag
- The Witness
- Splinter Cell : BlackList
- Call of Duty : Ghosts (dem dogs man, nah.. Ill likely pick up just for its singleplayer because Ive loved every single one of their single player campaigns however short they are since COD4)
- Killzone : Mercenary
- Rayman : Legends
- Batman : Arkham Origins Blackgate
- Final Fantasy 10 HD (when the hell is it coming?)
- Dragons Crown
- Mario and Luigi : Dream Tea
- Legend of Zelda : A Link Between Worlds
- Wonderful 101 (I will buy the WiiU when this comes out)
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Thunder
- Super Mario 3D World
For a full list of stuff Im looking forward to playing is on my wish list page on my profile, but those are the games Im most looking forward to.
I will not be getting rid of my PS3 and its 100+ games I got for it, I still go back and play the infamous, Uncharted, Journey, among many other games. The last game for my PS3 is likely to be Beyond : Two Souls, and Ill wait for GTA V to come on PC.
Aside from that, I started playing Last of Us, will be getting Remember Me on PC soon. Life is good, money is good, time is short for games :P. thats the irony.
Theres a lot I could say about Xbox One, I like Halo series, I thought Sunset Overdrive, Ryse : Son of Rome, and Killer Instinct look fantastic. But heres the thing, between the platforms I just said Im gonna play on PC/PS4/Vita/3DS/WiiU/PS3 there is no time for Xbox One, let alone adequate time for all the consoles I WANNA play on. Nevermind that I dont care for Kinect, nevermind that I dont watch TV or that that neat-o TV tech wont work over here in Saudi, nevermind that I dont support this restrictive/poorly explained DRM business they got going on.
Sonys had and got the exclusives that I love and appreciate, Nintendo wins the kid in me, and PC will finally be the muscle gaming machine that I can now afford to spend on.
Thats it for me, how about you guys and gals? Whats got you excited for next gen?