I know I made a blog a little while ago about my most anticipated titles this year but I just wanted to emphasize the game I'm the most hyped for. Here it is:
That's right, it's Gears of War 2! Now some of you may be wondering why I'm so excited for this game and here are a couple reasons:
- Multiplayer (MP) /Gameplay
- Optimized netcode for minimal lag and smooth, consistent performance
- More MP characters
- More/tweaked weapons
- Ability to use downed enemy as sheild
- Ability to crawl/ask for help once downed
- New execution moves
- 5 vs. 5 online
- New matchmaking system with inclusion of parties
- Vastly improved screen shot feature during online play; ability to upload and score
- MP bots, with various degrees of difficulty
- New modes; including the highly anticipated Horde mode (upto 5 players online against 50 waves of enemies)
- Tweaked cover/roadie system (over 400 modifications, apparently)
- Improved lighting and draw distance
- Multiple enemies on screen (20+) to truly simulate a war-type setting
- Said to run about 30% more efficient than the original
- Storyline/Singleplayer (SP)
- Quoted to be "longer than the original"
- Deeper story, more background information on characters
- Continues with hectic [2-player] co-op experience
GOTY confirmed? :D This looks like it's going to be one hell of a game and I can't wait for November 7th.
Anyone else as hyped as me for this game? If not, then what's your most anticipated this game this year?