Europe (and Australia) have been shunned. It's amazing how many sunken hearts can come from one sentence - "We are not currently planning to release Brawl in Q1 or Q2 of 2008." - random Nintendo rep.
However, there is still hope that the delay won't be that long. Here are 5 reasons to give all PAL regions hope or solutions that they will experience Brawl sooner rather than later.
1. Nintendo said 'currently'. Brawl could still make it for Q2 if this link is anything to go by: http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=19915
Chance of occuring: 70%
2. Freeloaders. Datel has been working on Wii Freeloader for quite some time now, but the only problem is Wii's firmware updates. However as long as Datel gets the OK from Nintendo or can get the legal OK to distribute them, we can all experience Brawl. The only problem is how it'd work online.....
Chance of occuring: 50%
3. Australia. All Australia needs is a PAL conversion of the U.S port and Aussies are set. We don't need 5 different languages. It happened with Animal Crossing (Australia got it 6+ months before the U.K), and U.K could very well import from Australia when we get the game.
Chance of occuring: 20%
4. Mod chips. Yes, this is touchy subject, but is the best way to give Nintendo the finger. You are THEIR customer, and if you feel you're getting subpar service, don't buy their delayed version of the game.
5. Buy a U.S Wii. This is probably a last-minute desperation effort due to U.S Wii shortages and the extra cash to buy another console, but if you'd be playing one of the best multiplayer experiences months before your local mates.