Well E3 is always an exciting time of the year when the biggest stage to show the future of video games. This year was no different with a lot of great games shown off like Kingdom Hearts 3, Sonic Lost World, Fable Anniversary, New Halo game, and much more (games not on my top list etc..) but there are always those few games that stand out where you are like, when that game comes out I am so getting it.. Its always enjoyable seeing whats new and coming up for games and starting the hype for Xbox 1 ane Ps4. Heres my personal favorite top 13 games that i liked at E3, this may or may not have been revealed at e3 but every game on my list had to make some appearance at the event.. so lets get started!
13. Sunset Overdrive (Xbox one)
-Its weird for me seeing Insomniac Games now turning over and teaming with Microsoft to make a new Ip Exclusive to the Xbox 1, it features an open world with stylize graphics and art, and features colorful yet mature game. With it being an Open World Shooter and being made by Insomniac i can't help but be excited about this game, at the same time ever since Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time the team has not made a game up to par with that game, so we shall see
12. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
-With Ocarina of Time 3D being a pretty big hit, it was time for the new 3DS Legend of Zelda game, and thus we have a Link Between Worlds, if you have noticed I am not a big Zelda fan, I enjoy the characters and gameplay, but with me getting lost in the games quite freqently its become a turn off for me. That being said this game looks really intersting and looks to be a huge Seller this Holiday Season
11. Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
-Yoshi has always been a series that i have adored. Yos hi story was one of the 1st games I beat on the N64 and even though its an easy game, for a me as a kid it was a pretty big deal. Yoshi Island DS was a fun game and i beat it, but it felt like something was wrong with overall level design in that it was not as good as the Original on SNES. although i really liked the Baby Swaping mechanic, the game just fell short of greatness.. This time it seems like the classic gameplay is back and the art direction is awesome to me. I can't wait for Yoshi's next Portable adventure in 2014
10. Infamous Second Son (PS4)
- Sucker Punch is one of the best developers we have today with hits like Sly Cooper, Rocket Robot on Wheels, and Infamous the company has always made quality games that i have enjoyed. Now its turning it up with the new console bringing the greatness of Infamous and having a new Protagonist Delsin Rowe and featuring a brand new real life city of Seattle, the game looks amazing and is one reason why I am looking forward to PS4
9. X (tenative Title) (Wii u)
- I just can't get this game outta my head. The E3 Demo has to be one of the coolest unexpected games i have ever seen. A mix between Dragon Hunter, Robots, RPG, and breath taking graphics. X might be Nintendo's Best new IP coming to Wii U. Xenoblade was an amazing game i sadly never played but i am even more hyped to play this game with Transformer like Mechs and vast Worlds this game seems to have to whole lot of awesome moments.. That song is stuck in my head lol..
8. Knack (PS4/PSVita)
-I wish more games could be like Knack, at least Sony Japan feels the same as i do in that we dont have enough colorful Character Based Platformer games that were so big in the 90s early 2000s Its something i really miss in gaming and I am so glad a game like Knack is coming for PS4. With a really cool character who can change sizes and gain new abilities this game seems to combine 3D Platforming with Beat em up action looks really fun to me
7. Puppeteer (PS3)
- Puppeteer Shows that PS3 Still has a lot of Kick left, and maybe the swan song for the console before switching its main focus on PS4 game production. But this game looks better and better every time i see the game. With unique Scissor gameplay and switching your heads using all sorts of objects as heads with different abilities, Puppeteer is very unique game i can't wait to play. For me i got into video games by 2D platformers and still they are my favorite genre today (although we have seen very little from the genre recently) Puppeteer looks to me like the first Brand New IP 2D Platformer i have been waiting for so long. I can't wait till September to play this exicting game. I was very tempted to put this higher on the list i just don't want to overhype it yet.. but i am excited to say the least