This part of the Zombie Survival guide will be on combat techniques.
- Never fight a zombie barehanded, for it is very hard to kill without a weapon, unless you come from behind and snap the neck.
- Blunt Weapons: These can be used as a last resort, this set would include: hammers, clubs, bats, crowbars. These do have enough power to crush the skull of the zombie, but these would have to be at close range and close range combat is not recommended.
- Bladed Weapons: These weapons are good for a secondary weapon, they can be long and small. They include knives(smooth and 6-8 in. are recommended. serrated,and saw-like are not recommended),axes, swords, katanas, machetes. These are mostly used for decapitations and dismemberment of zombies and are safe to use at close range.
- Power Tools: people might think these are all-powerful, but in truth, their not very good to use in a zombie attack. An example of this would be a Chainsaw. A chainsaw might be able to dismember, but it's fuel is finite and the sound attracts more to your position.
- Slings and Arrows: This weapon set includes slings, slingshots, bows, shurikens, crossbows, throwing knives, and blowguns. These are somewhat powerful, but it takes skill and time to use these weapons. They should only use these if you wish to be silent. The crossbows are the most powerful of this set, in being able to shoot a bolt through the skull and it is also very silent. The bows take time to master but once mastered can be somewhat useful, especially if the arrows are lit on fire.
Firearms require a section of their own:
- The Heavy Machine Gun: This is the most powerful weapon set you can have. This weapon can mow down so many waves of zombies if used correctly. You should line the weapon up at their head level and fire away. Hopefully you will be kill most of them, you can clean them up after. This set includes the M60 and counterparts.
- The Submachine Gun: This weapon is a smaller version of the heavy machine gun, it expends as much ammo and is used in the same way. It is good in close quarters. You should also keep it to single shot and always aim for the head. It has very bad accuracy at long range. The only problem is that it might jam. The weapons might include: the MP5, and so on.
- The Assault Rifle: This weapon is good for short to mid-range fighting and was supposed to be a hybrid of a rifle with auto-fire capabilities. It has different settings like auto, burst and single shot. It will waste ammo quickly and it's still good to aim for the head. It is very accurate with burst and single shot mode, but in full auto it can be very inaccurate. The best weapon in this set is the AK-47, other weapons in this set include the M4, M16, G36C, Chinese Type 56 and the Israeli Galil.
- The Bolt/Lever Action Rifle: This weapon is very powerful and accurate at long range and good for sniping if you have a scope but if you at close range don't use it. It takes a long time to load and you must pull back the lever after every shot to chamber another round.If you are to use this type of weapon, I suggest you get to a high place where it's safe and snipe from there. The weapons you would find in this set are: the Springfield, the Mauser Kar 98k, the Lee Enfield and so on.
- The Semi-Automatic Rifle: This is the best weapon to use against zombies. It has a power of a BAR and the speed of a handgun. Someone could take out twelve zombies in 15 seconds. It is light and easy to carry. The weapons in this set include: the M1 Garand, the M1 Carbine, the Ruger Mini-14, and the Chinese Type 57.
- The Shotgun: The most powerful weapon to use at close range, can easily blow a head off a zombie. But it has it's drawbacks... slow reload speeds, no good at mid-long ranges.
- Handguns: This weapon is the most widely used and can be good if you have good aim. This weapon could last you awhile and is not bad at mid range. This weapon can be weak or very powerful. The weapons used in this set include: the Glock, 9mm, M1911A, Desert Eagle and so on.
- Accessories: These can help you a lot. Silencers for rifles and handguns can suppress sound and keep zombies from hearing you. Scopes and laser sights will incerase your accuracy alot.
That is it for now. Next time... Defense of your body.