With the recent events here in the states, another horrible, senseless school shooting, the inevitable ties between the event, and video games just had to come out. There was no other choice, video games are the cause of all evil right?
With that said, and with so many people wanting to point the finger and our hobby, I decided to take a good look at myself, things I have done in real life based on what I have done in video games. Ya, I could not find anything. BUT I did find something even more shocking, more terrifying than I could ever have expected. Real world life, has made me do things in games, games have made me do nothing in real life!
I know wow.
Let me give you some examples:
1) Last night while playing FarCry 3, I planted a road side bomb, and blew up a passing jeep. I have also done this multiple times in BF3. I wonder where I got that idea? Maybe watching the news about the wars around the world and seeing that tactic used in real life?
2) In a video game, I once drove a NASCAR around in a circle for 2 hrs. I saw that on TV too but have never done it in real life.
3) While playing FallOut 3 I walked into a building and cleared it out, I will leave it to your imagination on how I did it. Again, events in the real world made me do it.
4) In Viva Pinata I planted trees and a entire garden! Know why? Because I saw my neighbor do it in his real life yard.
5) I was once in NYC and saw a cabbie driving like a stockcar racer. Know what I did? When I got home I played some GTA4, stole a cab, and drove through the city like a complete a-hole.
6) While playing NHL 13 I started a fight with another player because I saw this happen on TV during a real game.
The list can go on and on, I hope its easy to see how real life has influenced my gaming life. Im really pissed off, because normally I would not do all that bad stuff I think I need to sue society for making me a bad person in virtual reality.