I really look forward to this game. I think it will kick ass, because it seems that a lot of work has been put in it.
However, there are few things that have disappointed the old school fans of the game, even before its release.
1) No other Kongs except for Cranky. No Funky Kong, no Dixie? Are you serious over there in Retro? You better make a sequel that will include our beloved characters. And have Funky playable in bonus levels where he could get extra bananas by snowboarding, surfing or paragliding. FUNKAY BABAY!
2) No Kremlings. Even though the change of the main villains is totally accepted, I would like even the tiniest reference in the game to our favorite kroks.
3) No underwater levels: No Enguarde? Screw that!
4) No animal buddies apart from Rambi. Come on Retro, even Donkey Kong Jungle Beat had some kick-ass animal friends, like Orco the Orca and Hoofer the Wildebeest.
In conclusion, this game will be wonderful, there's no doubt about that. However, I really wanna see a sequel to this game, I don't want this game to be limited to nostalgia.
P.S. Retro dudes get your asses back to work, because I wanna see a Donkey Kong 3D game like the Donkey Kong 64.
In short, I want you to work on the three following projects:
1) DKCR2 (put Kongs, Kremlings, water levels and more animal buddies)
2) Donkey Kong 3D: make it as cool as Super Mario Galaxy. Make Funky playable in bonus levels too
3) Funky Kong's Extreme Resort: a game where our favorite Kongs would engage in extreme sports in Funky Kong's resort.