I can assure you that no moderator has the ability to "hack into" a users account. There was no indication of the thread being edited by anyone (TC or otherwise). I'll ask someone on the developer team to see if they can offer some additional insight into what happened.
DigitalDame's forum posts
@Fire_Wa11: It's possible you made a typo. My guess is that in the comment in question you meant to enter "cool" but instead replaced the "L" with an "N."
You can vote for your Game of the Year here: LINK
Hi there, I actually don't see very much in the way of content added to the comments that you pointed out. The only post for December that I've found was the following:
- Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 1:33pm on Dec 08, 2014
- Flagged as profane by Publishing profanity rule. at 1:33pm on Dec 08, 2014
- Flagged as strong profanity by SAFE at 1:34pm on Dec 08, 2014
Here is the following data that I've gathered from your last few comments that have hit pending or have been removed:
Dragon Age: Inquisition Review - (This one is because of the embedded media that you have)
- Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 9:45am on Nov 11, 2014
- Spam check passed by SAFE at 9:45am on Nov 11, 2014
South Park Parodies Free-to-Play Business Model - (This one is because of the embedded media that you have)
- Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014
- Set to Bozo by SAFE at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014
- Flagged as bulk by SAFE at 12:16pm on Nov 06, 2014
Check Out Dragon Age: Inquisition Multiplayer Gameplay Footage - (Racial slur used)
- Submitted as pending by Fire_Wa11 at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
- Flagged as profane by Publishing profanity rule. at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
- Flagged as hate speech, strong profanity by SAFE at 12:44pm on Oct 16, 2014
After a meeting with the dev team, we've taken a few actions to help reduce the quantity of these posts from appearing. Including but not limited to, image restrictions site wide. Again, if you find accounts that are posting porn, please contact the moderators and we will handle it.
I'm sorry that you guys are coming across this in the first place and I appreciate your patience while we work on a situation that doesn't totally restrict the entire community from their posting tools while at the same time, preventing this abuse.
What's the question?
@lamprey263: Yes we have the ability to check IPs. We also have the ability to ban them from accessing the site. The problem however is switching one's IP isn't exactly a tricky task and a troll who is so inclined to do so will burn through dozens of them. We have put in various barriers for new users to help cut down on spam in the forums:
- New users are now unable to create more than 1 forum topic per 24 hour window until they've created 5
- The IP banning tool should be available starting Thursday. I'll send over a confirmation when it's out.
We've also recently rolled out an update that helps to prevent wall abuse:
- User accounts that are less than 3 months old will no longer be able to post more than once consecutively on someone else's wall
- User accounts that are less than 3 months old will no longer be able to make more than two total wall posts or status updates in a 24 hour period
If you notice that spam is still a problem, we encourage users to reach out to the moderator team.