Great game! I loved the combat. I liked the stealth. Just a great game. Luckily, I can find the Game of the Year Edition for only $20, so when I feel like buying a game, which will not be for a long time thanks to my large backlog, I will definitely pick it up.
It started off pretty good. I love the graphics. I think the survival stuff is cool. Then I noticed the game fuvking has regenerative health, so I took all of ten minutes to stop playing because of how aggravated I was at yet another potentially awesome game being ruined and dumbed down for people who suck at video games and need to have their hands held throughout the whole God damn thing.
Many of the games on this compilation are classics from the early 1980s. Their genres were driving, fighting, platforming, shooter, and sports.
The driving games did not port very well. Back in the day, their respective machines used a steering wheel. The PS3 Dualshock 3 has an analog stick. The emulation does not end well. For example, Super Sprint is an extremely unpleasant experience on a PS3 controller. I could not control my race car to save my life. With the exception of Spy Hunter, this entire genre kinda just sucked here.
There was only one fighting game: Pit-Fighter; it sucks. Dont even waste your time with this one.
The platforming ones mostly aged great:
- Rampage is kinda boring actually. Its not that the game itself hasnt aged well, its just that the concept has not.
- Bubbles is good, clean, bubbly (pun completely and totally intended; sue me) fun. The analog stick works pretty well with this game.
- Both Jousts have aged great.
- Marble Madness is harder to play on the PS3 controller than I imagine it was on an arcade machine.
- Root Beer Tapper is great.
The shooters were the ones that probably aged the best.
- I didnt play Gauntlet I or II, but back when I had Midway Arcade Treasures on PS2, I remember the first one being pretty good, so I imagine both of them have aged okay on the PS3.
- Total Carnage is pretty good.
- Both Defenders are hard as **** (Defender I is probably the hardest game on here, if its not Sinistar), but it converted to PS3 perfectly.
- Rampart is okay. The game itself controls fine, but it just is not that fun.
- Robotron 2084 is great.
- Satans Hollow is good.
- Sinistar is possibly the hardest game on this compilation (among the ones that are not hard due to poor emulation), but its good.
- Smash TV is fine.
- Vindicators Part II is good.
- Wizard of Wor is fun.
- Xenophobe controls awkward as Hell.
- Xybots might be the best game on here.
I dont like sports games, so I did not try most of them. I did play 720, and it kinda sucked.
About two-thirds of the 30 games on here are solid games, but the games only have so much replay value. If you see this game in the store, I would not pay more than $20 for it, for $10 this is an easy purchase.
I'm trying to do a friend of mine a favor by spreading the word about her photography page. Please like it.
how much I hate their guts for not giving us Xenoblade. You guys, especially that Reggie dude I always see at the E3, are a$$holes. Even if you release these games in response to the great sales they're obvously gonna get it still won't redeem you jerk-offs. Your division is stain upon Nintendo and gaming in general.Go to Hell, love, Demonjoe93.
This is an announcement that I will soon be starting a union dedicated to Super Smash Brothers, "The Super Smash Brothers Club" as I mentioned in the title of this post. This is union is dedicated to all things Smash Brothers including news, friendly discussion, andhelp for those of you who are new to the game, among other things.
I'm posting this because I need charter members to join this union of mine, and anyone who else who'd like to join. If you want to join this union, just simply post a comment saying so.
I currently have three people ready to be charter members: AvatarMan96, turtlethetaffer, and ShadowsGameTime
In my my few dozen reviews I have always stuck to a specific style of reviewing; I introduce the game, describe and then grade the gameplay, the graphics, sound, value,the difficulty and then on how much I generally liked the game.
The following changes of style shall occur:
- I will no belonger doing a"Tilt" section.
- I will summarize the pros and cons of the game at the end of the review.
- There will no longer be a "Graphics" and "Sound" section as I am merging them together to form a "Presentation" section.
- There will no longer be a "Difficulty" because this will now be part of the "Gameplay" section.
I feel as though these changes of reviewing style will allow more flexibility in how I review games and give better reviews and scores.
Hope these changes improve my reviews and that you like them. Happy gaming.
Unless you've been living in a cave or something like that I'm sure you've heard that the U.S., along with some European countries like France and Germany, are now flying fighter planes and bombing the dictator's-Mummar Gaddafi-forces in aid to the rebel forces in Libya. This war is supposed to cost a few billion dollars soon and in the U.S.'s circumstances at the moment that is too expensive for us. We are broke. We cannot enter a third war in the Middle East; actually, we probably shouldn't even be anywhere in the Middle East right now because not only is the Iraq War a complete waste of time and that our job is done in Afganistan, but we are over 14 trillion dollars in debt. We cannot continue to spend ourselves to death like this.
Hey Mr. President. Weren't you really anti-war in 2008 when you were still running for President? And didn't you also state the fact that the President cannot authorize armed forces without Congress's decision in 2007?
Just wanted to leave an update on my profile page for anybody who cares to know that as of today I have started a Killzone 3 clan: The Armed Falcons.
For those of you who want to join this clan do one or both of the following:
- Leave a comment on this blog page telling me your PSN name.
- Send me a friend request (see below for my user name) with an enclosed message stating that you wish to join my clan, The Armed Falcons.
User name: rastussb
WARNING: This is an update for the sole purpose of annoucning the Killzone 3 clan, The Armed Falcons; comments and personal messages to me hating on me, the clan name, or Killzone 3 I will flag as trolling and chances are will be deleted and you will be penalized. You have been warned.
Well I've finally posted 1000 times in the forums. This obiviously isn't much compared to others but now I'm glad that I actually am in the thousands now.