So who is actually content with the confirmed roster?

#1 Posted by VisualPendulum (81 posts) -

Looking at the current line-up:http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/All-StarsI saw enough familiar faces to be content (Drake, Jak, Ratchet, Heihachi, Coles, Parappa, and Kratos) with the launch characters. Truth be told, I was on the Crash bandwagon (the whole "include Crash or you've lost a potential buyer" mindset), but then I played the beta and absolutely loved it. I then realized how crazy it was for me to base my entire purchase over one character. I'm still bummed that Crash may not be in the game, but there are enough characters, both old and new to keep me interested in the final product.

I've been looking around the board and most of what I have seen are disappointed people listed the characters that they wanted in the game. I don't really have the right to say anything when I barely know who half of their wishful characters are though. But anyway, as the title says, who is happy enough with the current 20 characters?

#2 Posted by StSk8ter29 (1803 posts) -

I'm definitely not thrilled by any means but it could have been worse. I'm on the bandwagon of wanting Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. A collection of Playstation's finest just doesn't feel right without them. Some other opinions:

-I was happy that people even remember Sir Daniel Fortesque

-I don't know why we need two Coles

-Should have Spyro and Crash instead of Toro and Fat Princess

-No Lara Croft (Drake vs Lara is a missed opportunity)

-Heihachi Mishima but not the most popular character of modern Tekken, Jin Kazama.

-No Final Fantasy characters at all. Cloud would have been sweet and was a major staple on ps1.

-Raiden is ok but I'd rather have some iteration of Snake.

-PS1 Castlevania:SotN's Alucard would have been cool over someone like Nariko.

#3 Posted by blazinpuertoroc (12212 posts) -

I am more than fine with it. I think its great for a first game. Theres always DLC or better yet a sequel. People are never pleased.

#4 Posted by bigow29 (13 posts) -

I am fairly content, although I am definitely missing Spyro... However, I was looking on Amazon and it specifies 20+ characters. Room for hidden characters? (SSB-esque?) We shall see. Keeping my hopes up!

#5 Posted by monster637 (581 posts) -

I was in when i saw Nariko and saw that kai was in the specails...........Had to have it Loved heavenly sword

#6 Posted by VisualPendulum (81 posts) -

We now have Kat and Emmett due for next year. Things are really shaping up.

#7 Posted by BrianMX34 (431 posts) -

I am more than fine with it. I think its great for a first game. Theres always DLC or better yet a sequel. People are never pleased.

blazinpuertoroc

Exactly, People just love to complain! Nobody seems to understand that getting characters for this game isn't as simple as just walking up to the IP holders and asking nicely if they can use their characters! Idiots...

#8 Posted by fullmetalhollow (39 posts) -

[QUOTE="blazinpuertoroc"]

BrianMX34

Exactly, People just love to complain! Nobody seems to understand that getting characters for this game isn't as simple as just walking up to the IP holders and asking nicely if they can use their characters! Idiots...

No way, if crash and spyro were in the game I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are complaining would be 100% content. I'm a poor college student and can only buy 1-2 games a year so adding those classic characters from my childhood would definately get me to buy the game. For now I'll just play my friends copy when I get the chance :P