Level 3s need to be either nerfed or torn out altogether.

#1 Posted by sharpshooter188 (4328 posts) -

I understand they are virtually gauranteed kills but there has to be a more effective way of draining someones bar than throwing. I see a few guys everytime I jump on. They don't do anything til they have their L3 and then everything just ends. Some are easier to avoid but others like Heihachis where everyone just dies? Eeeh.

This was hard for me to even mention because honestly, I hate nerfs in games. Almost always. This is one of the extremely few times I have suggested it or feel its warranted. One of the problems with this game was balance. I think the L3s are primarily where this problem lies. What do you guys think? Also, some host migration wouldn't hurt. Can't tell you how many times I've had a guy drop the game because he was 1st one out in a stock match.

#2 Posted by sun_spirit (920 posts) -

I understand they are virtually gauranteed kills but there has to be a more effective way of draining someones bar than throwing. I see a few guys everytime I jump on. They don't do anything til they have their L3 and then everything just ends. Some are easier to avoid but others like Heihachis where everyone just dies? Eeeh.

This was hard for me to even mention because honestly, I hate nerfs in games. Almost always. This is one of the extremely few times I have suggested it or feel its warranted. One of the problems with this game was balance. I think the L3s are primarily where this problem lies. What do you guys think? Also, some host migration wouldn't hurt. Can't tell you how many times I've had a guy drop the game because he was 1st one out in a stock match.

sharpshooter188

This is why I think Smash Brothers has more skill.

It requires you to grab and break the Smash ball that appears sometimes in order to get a Final Smash move, wich is essentially a Lv3 attack in PS all stars.

I've played a few matches when people don't do anything until they have Lv3 super, it's so annoying. I mean, I play as Parrappa. His Lv3 is a smart bomb that just KO's everyone, but I never use it... I do love this game, I just don't like the way you get kills in general really :\

#3 Posted by SoNin360 (5648 posts) -
Given how long it takes to earn a Level 3 skill, I don't really have a problem with that. You can earn several level 1's in the time it takes to reach a Level 3, and each level 1, depending on the character, has a somewhat decent chance of taking out multiple players. I don't know, I havn't exactly played this game a whole lot, especially online. I'm really not that good at all, so I also am not sure what's balanced and what isn't.
#4 Posted by lmfaoxyz (8 posts) -
most of the level 3s in this game can be avoided easily, for example with Kratos you just roll under his feet, with sweet tooth you just stand under him and when he presses circle to stomp on you you jump as soon as you see his foot go up
#5 Posted by ZikenX (3677 posts) -

^^ Yeah. That totally solves other characters problems. The game is overall broken in my opinion. Nathan Drake, and Sackboy are so overpowered with annoyance, it's ridiculous. Sly too. My gosh, if anything needed nerfing, it's those characters in general.

#6 Posted by AngryToaster123 (16 posts) -
That's foolish, if people would use their brains, they would all attack the closest person to their level three, or the person with the most kills. Insted, everyone just brawls with everyone and there is always one person who sneaks around and gets their level 3 and gets 4+ kills. ESPECIALLY Jakass and Daxter. Level three's ar no the problm of this game, its the noobs who let them happen that are the problem. Nuff said
#7 Posted by AngryToaster123 (16 posts) -
that's stupid. Some pople don't even get a shot at the smash ball because of how random it's appearance is. Imagine playing on Hyrule Temple being at the bottom of it and it comes up at the top of stage, you have NOOO CHANCE especially if heavy hitters like Ike are present. And apparently smash has the same problems with balance issues, Meta Knight the God and Sonic's final smash being banned from tournaments (even though I never have problems with it). Don't compare this game to smash bros. JUST LEAVE IT ALONE ALREADY