character Roster amount

#1 Posted by princejones101 (0 posts) -
My main concern is CHARACTERS !!!! i want to see more characters in this game instead of 25 characters i think 40 would be good enough i want sony to come up as much playstation and third party characters as possible i want a large variety to choose from. you know, just to make it even. i really wanna see back in the day playstation characters like crash bandicoot, clonoa , monkey - from ape escape, cloud - final fantasy 7, jammy lammy, and other classic playstation characters. i'm telling you superbot ent. give the playstation fans what they want. make me and the others happy. I WANT THIS GAME TO LAST ME FOR YRS !!!!
#2 Posted by Jellytoezz (10 posts) -

Yes I agree a gargantuan roster would be great. However 40 characters would be an enormous undertaking. Not only would they need to find ways to differentiate, it would be incredibly difficult to balance in my opinion at least.

#3 Posted by yoda3001 (3 posts) -

Maybe 30 will be enough

just don't want it being about 22 characters unless they put the best all stars in

#4 Posted by PrpleTrtleBuBum (11 posts) -

IMO Roster isn't everything. Smash Bros wouldn't be nearly as cool without the stages, assists and other references. So I would start by looking at which Playstation icons deserve a presentation.

But yes from what we know I'd say PS3-era is handled almost perfectly: God Of War, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted all have presentation. LBP will be there for sure and some sort of Heavy Rain reference would be cool.

PS2:Jak&Daxter and Ratchet&Clank are pretty obvious. Other than that Devil May Cry, Ico, Shadow of Colossus, Kingdom Heart and GTA are huge brands that should be there. I'd say this is handled ok, but could use more.

PS1-era is terribly neglected from the looks of it: Ape Escape, Medievil, Metal Gear Solid, Wipeout and Tekken are good, but PS1 had lots more. Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Soul Reaver, Syphon Filter, Micro Machines, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Rayman and Tomb Raider are some of the big hits on PS1 and deserve characters, stages, items or atleast something.

So yea id say about 30 would be a good amount as long as they're big and otherwise the game is good.