No anti-cheat, PS2 -> APB

#1 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

With no anti-cheat in place, "hackers" are already running rampant, as anyone (literally 0 coding knowledge required) can google a free D3D aimbot/chams/ESP injection framework and have a fully functioning multihack in a few hours. The thing that separates the script kiddies from the pros is anti-cheat bypass, and since there is no anti-cheat, we're going to have a bit of a problem.

They are going to go the same way as APB did if they dont get an anti-cheat fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x-B4gsBsKHk

#2 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

I really hope that's not you. Pansies like that really irk the sh*t outta me.

#3 Posted by ShimmerMan (4458 posts) -

Number one reason why competitive online FPS on the PC are becoming a dying breed.

#4 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

These next few months are going to be important to this end. If hacking runs rampant people will stop playing (see Crysis), I imagine Sony will have to do something about it or else. With that said in my 2 hours of play so far I haven't seen any obvious cheating.

#5 Posted by ccgod (7114 posts) -
I've played for a few hours and haven't noticed anything other then snipers pissing me off and having to run everywhere(for the most part)
#6 Posted by JPokes (714 posts) -

I've never really understood why people cheat at online games in the first place. For me, all of the joy comes from besting the other guy, being invincible or having an unfair advantage would feel empty and pointless.

#7 Posted by Verityrant (6 posts) -

I've never really understood why people cheat at online games in the first place. For me, all of the joy comes from besting the other guy, being invincible or having an unfair advantage would feel empty and pointless.

JPokes
I agree with you and feel the same, but you are giving other people too much credit holding them to your standards.