Region Locked!?!?

#1 Posted by RussianMeatClob (282 posts) -

Are these rumors true? Because if so I just got super screwed what with me owning a Japanese PS3. I could have sworn the PS3 was region free never had problems with region before.

#2 Posted by God_of_Conquest (25 posts) -
Unfortunately, yes. Persona 4 Arena is region locked. Apparently ATLUS says it is because of the price differences between yen and the good ol' U.S. dollar. So, people with American PS3's can only play America's version of the game and so on and so forth for anywhere else. I'm glad that I just stick with my home country for games and consoles so as to avoid this issue. But, I feel sorry for you and anyone else who gets screwed over with the region lock feature.
#3 Posted by RussianMeatClob (282 posts) -

Well I did get news from the guy at the ATLUS forums and he said that both the JP & US version have duel audio and text. I hope thats true because I still see a lot of people yelling about that.

But if it is true then all I need to do is buy the JP version for 20 or so extra bucks an go into the options menu and change the language.

#4 Posted by God_of_Conquest (25 posts) -

Well I did get news from the guy at the ATLUS forums and he said that both the JP & US version have duel audio and text. I hope thats true because I still see a lot of people yelling about that.

But if it is true then all I need to do is buy the JP version for 20 or so extra bucks an go into the options menu and change the language.

RussianMeatClob
Heh, I knew that the US version had dual audio but I had no idea that the JP version did the same thing. I would probably be in your situation as well, but as I posted earlier, I stick mainly to the stateside for games. But, it is a shame for some of those few great games that are region locked to JP and others that are probably never going to see the light of day here in the US. (I'm looking at you, Ciel No Surge.) So, I wanna get a JP PS3, but with so much awesome games being released within the next year, I can't afford to drop money on a whim like I normally do. (=_=)
#5 Posted by Falru (81 posts) -

I've always wondered if Japanese gamers think Japanese voice actors are terrible and English voice actors are good, just like the vice-versa situation with English gamers (in general).

#6 Posted by GreyMarine (894 posts) -

You can actually buy an R3 games where the whole thing is in English but only different is region difference. And if the future dlc will come out you can buy R1 (If to be comfirm) dlc to play a R3 games. 

It happened to my Tales of Graces f, R3 game but with R1 content.