The game, Path of Exile, caused BLUE-SCREEN dumps twice! I uninstalled it.

#1 Posted by Z-Byter (4 posts) -

I don't know about anyone else's PC but I virtually never get blue-screen dumps. I'm running Windows 7. I don't know what to say about Path of Exile. Since it is in BETA, I'll withhold judgment, for now. I was never able to get my character to a point off the opening beach scene, before it caused blue-screen dumps and my PC rebooted--pretty scary. This happened twice before I uninstalled the game. Maybe, once it goes LIVE, I'll try again. Has anyone else had this problem?

#2 Posted by obscured12345 (53 posts) -

Same issue, It worked fine before the update that came out a few days ago, It blue screens now after about 15-20 mins of game play, It's the only game I have that blue screens, pitty as it's a great game.

Are you getting the same error: BCCode: 50

#3 Posted by obscured12345 (53 posts) -

This issue mostly effects creative sound cards, I have a XFI and this fixed my Blue screen trouble :D

1. Make a short cut to the path of exile  "client.exe" file on your desktop

2. Right  click the shortcut you just made and click porperties

3. In the target line add this command at the end  "--softwareaudio"

it should look something like this "F:\Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" "--softwareaudio"

#4 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19380 posts) -

This issue mostly effects creative sound cards, I have a XFI and this fixed my Blue screen trouble :D

obscured12345

Really? Incompatibility with sound cards causing blue screens?

How the f*ck does Grinding Gear Games test its builds?

#5 Posted by Z-Byter (4 posts) -

This (--softwareaudio option on the command line) worked for me. Thank you.

#6 Posted by ecs33 (948 posts) -

I had the same problem. Due to x-fi soundcard. Obscured has fix above.

#7 Edited by ecs33 (948 posts) -

@Gelugon_baat Not sure why it's still an issue. This was a problem since closed beta and they knew about it then.