Welcome to The BlazBlue Union!
Yes, you read that right folks. The new V1.03 patch that updates BlazBlue Continuum Shift to Continuum Shift 2 is now available... on Xbox 360 in NA and Japan, and just Japan on PS3 at the moment. NA PS3 owners will need to wait until sometime next week for the patch. UPDATE 5/17: US patch is now LIVE! Go play!
As for Platinum, she's also available in a similar fashion. She's available for purchase on the Xbox Marketplace in NA and Japan for 560 MSP. As for PS3 owners considering how the Playstation store isn't back up (and likely won't be for at least another week or two), she is not available as of yet.
Anyways, get hype!
Come to this thread for more discussion on the update: http://www.gamespot.com/unions/BlazBlue/forums/28643244/
Found on a pdf on Arc System Works' servers are details on Platinum and a Version 1.03 patch update. As far as Japanese copies of BBCS goes, both Platinum and the version 1.03 update will be going live on May 10, 2011 on Xbox Live and May 12, 2011 for PSN. Platinum will cost 560 Microsoft Points on Live and 800 yen on PSN.
JP 360 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/10 (560points)
JP PS3 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/12 (800yen)
-[System] Platinum character addition.
-[System] Platinum Trophy/Achievement Data.
-[Network] PSR will be displayed in match.
-[Network] Can select different characters for training mode while waiting for ranked.
-[Network] Can cancel network match after battle preparation screen.
-[Network] Ranked match specifications changed.
-[Network] Netcode improved.
-[System] Console version will be equal with the April 15th arcade build.
-[Challenge] Challenge mode updated to CS2 standard. Previous competitions transfer over.
-[Network] Added more simple messages inside player matches.
-[Network] Valkenhayn will get additional experience. (360 only)
-[Network] More penalty's against rage quitters.
-[Challenge] Changed how meters recover where gauge/meter is required.
-[System] Fixed bug when selecting mode the game might freeze.
-[System] Fixed bug when mu's certain motion cause the display color to be messed up.
-[DLC] U.Platinum and DLC Colors will be included with dlc purchase of the character.
-[Network] Ranked mode version changed to v1.03.
-[Arcade] Platinum will not be available and no additional scenarios.
-[Legion] Platinum will not be available.
-[Story] No additional scenarios for Platinum.
A big thanks to Kurushii and other members on Dustloop for translating some details from the press release.
Edit: Aksys Games announces Platinum and V1.03 patch coming to NA "this May". Pricing for Platinum will be 560 MSP/$7.99US. Source: http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/04/15/blazblue-continuum-shift-patch-v1-03-coming-this-may/
[EDIT] - Now available on Xbox 360! VALKEN-KICK!
Patch 1.02 hits the network, with a surprisingly HUGE amount of awesome changes.
Of course, we have VALKEN-MOTHER***ING-HAYN UP IN THIS ****!
For just $7.99, his badassery could be YOURS!
Here are the new changes with Patch 1.02:
System changes & bug fixes
- Trophy/Acheivement update w/ Valk DLC
- Faster matching speed in Ranked Matches
- Fixed a problem where some effects didn't disappear, which made the game have to process more info.
- On Kagatsuchi Port (Rain) stage, fixed a problem where an environmental sound effect didn't play correctly
- Fixed a problem where under certain circumstances if you choose Makoto in Player Matches the character select screen glitched.
- Fixed a problem in training mode where sound effects may not stop under certain conditions.
- Game now autosaves after completing each mission in challenge mode, you no longer have to go back to the main menu to save progress for that.
- Now when clearing score attack, your final score is displayed (this wasn't done before? never played score attack)
- Fixed the problem where in Legion mode DLC character portrait icons appeared, even though they're unusable in Legion mode.
- In network mode it remembers the last character you chose, and defaults to them.
- On network mode results after matches, "Used character PSR" and "Top PSR" information is displayed.
- Fixed a problem where in Ranked Matches / Quick Match the matching system would lock up and not advance.
- When training in ranked / player matches, on the character select screen you can now hit select/back to return to the room.
- Fixed some typos.
Character adjustments & bug fixes
- Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl's Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.
- Fixed a problem where when using Taokaka's DLC colors, the displayed effects became distorted.
- Fixed a problem where icons sometimes did not display correctly near the health guage when Nirvana dies.
- In challenge mode, when using Λ-11's gravity well, the gauge auto-refills (I guess after dropping the combo, so you no longer have to wait for it to recharge)
- Fixed a problem which caused v-13's ghost merging with Λ-11 during her intro vs. Ragna to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem where if you pause during Tsubaki install the sound effect loops (or if you reset in training mode lol)
- Fixed a problem where under certain conditions after using Hazama's Jakou the effects didn't disappear properly after the move executes.
- Fixed a problem where Hazama didn't use the correct voice set vs. certain characters in Network Mode.
- Fixed a problem with V-13's voice set in Network Mode.
- Changes made to how Makoto's Space Counter (Parry) functions. (Probably goodbye parry loop imo)
- Changed something about how holding the D button to charge Makoto's Big Bang Smash and Planet Crusher.
- Changes made to Makoto's beginner mode.
- Fixed a problem where during Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral her crest effect didn't display.
- Fixed the problem where after getting hit by Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral you could still move around sometimes.
PS3 Specific fix
- Fixed a problem where after clearing score attack and uploading your score, it wasn't registered.
360 Specific fix
- Fixed a problem where PSR was added during Player Matches.
Wow, they finally fixed the problem where they didn't upload my badass score attack scores upon completion.
Tons of welcome additions, such as the displaying of PSR/W-L after matches. Of course, we can all appreciate faster matchmaking and the like.
Amazing post-launch support for this game I must say.
Hazama can see what makes the Ultimate BlazBlue Guide so great.
This PSA was brought to you by your local BB Union. Support your union reps.
560 MS POINTS/$7.99 USD - INCLUDES UNLIMITED MODE - INCLUDES ALL 24 OF HER COLORS!
In the mean time, here are some TB vids which were released a few minutes ago:
HOP TO IT, LADIES!
Ninja Edit: FURRY FUN!
Ninja Edit 2: Bang was here.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - as of July 27, 2010 - has been officially released for North American consumers.
The game will sell for an MSRP of $40.00 USD.
Pick up (or import) your copy today, and get cracking!
Hit the jump for a picture of Mu looking very tired and easy to take advantage of.
Holy crapcakes, these new themes are amazing (as they usually are), but I just had to post this because I need everybody here to listen to Mu-12's and Valkenhayn's themes!
Every one of these except for Mu-12's theme is not yet even official, so yeah.
MU-12's THEME - SWORD OF DOOM
-VALKEN-MOTHER****ING-HAYN'S AMAZING THEME OH MY GOD YES
More confirmed facts inside!
So after Geoniko posted the Platina thread, I headed over to /v/ and sure enough, the same wise anon who managed to get into the game's source files was still posting some character profile pictures and DLC placeholder materials which were already on the disc.
The two characters are already the well-suspected pair of Valkenhayn and Platina, except now with their battle portraits as solid evidence.
Furthermore, it seems that he dug up some DLC character sprites as well in the form of Guilty Gear character colors...
Clicky Clicky for the details...
Last Update: 7-6-10 2:45PM EST
That's right, Makoto just went from side character to fully playable via DLC!
More info inside...
The result may look something like this...
Hit the jump for another piece of news...
BlazBlue Continuum Shift is due for release in Japan on July 1st, and along with a standard release there's also going to be a limited edition version.
Hit the jump for more on what it comes with...
JT here, but not with any particular new BlazBlue news today. Instead, I'll be showcasing two BlazBlue themed custom made arcade sticks made by moi.
Hit the jump for more...