All About celtic1962
Well, maybe not but I'm officially one year closer to the end, whenever "the end" happens. Yes, today is my birthday, and it's easy enough to figure my age by my GS name, assuming you know how to subtract. I've said this before but I'll say it again, I think my Dad (the WW2 veteran) was somehow able to convince my Mom to have me on Veteran's Day Hard to believe I'm only 3 years away from 50. I remember awhile back I was posting on some Union and a guy replied by saying, "Dude, you're old!" But, as my favorite saying goes, "You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games" and Lord knows I've never stopped playing games. My parents always had a youthful attitude and I believe I've carried on that tradition. Of course having kids keeps you young as well, and my 3 do a good job of that. Speaking of which, I should mention that Dylan hasn't been around GS very much but it's because he has his first fulltime job, he now works at a brand-newLowe's that's only about 2 miles from us, so congrats to him. Also should mention that the people at my work know how to treat me right, they gave me a Gamestop giftcard for a birthday present! Since I bought a PS3 last month I have a lot of catching up to do with PS3 games so that will definitely help. Lastly, let me mention how much I appreciate all of my GS friends, you've all become like an extended family and I'd say you people do a good job of keeping me young (at least in spirit) as well
Alright, Jude may have opened up a big can of worms when he listed all of the RPGs he's completed. Randy followed with his own impressive list and naturally that got me to thinking how many haveI done in the past 20 years? I'm sure there will be some that I'll forget about but here's an attempt at it. Some of these are debatable as to their RPG status (Zelda andDeus Exfor example) but I'lll go ahead and list anything that can at least be considered RPG material.
Dragon Warrior 2
Dragon Warrior 3
Dragon Warrior 4
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
Legend of Zelda
Breath of Fire
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast expansion
Baldur's Gate 2
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Final Fantasy VII
Knights of the Old Republic
System Shock 2
Vampire: The Masquerade -Redemption
(PS1) - As you can seeI was pretty much just playing PC games during this era
Final Fantasy IX
(GC) - There would have been a lot more on this list if the Cube had a decent amount of RPGs!
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: FTNW
Y's: The Ark of Napishtim
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Shivering Isles expansion
Fallout 3 plus Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt DLC's
Rise of the Argonauts
Tales of Vesperia
Finally, a few thatI never finished - Fable for the Xbox, Suikoden 4, Valkyria Profile 2and Grandia 3 for the PS2, Tales of Symphonia for the GCand Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean for the 360. For one reason or another these games just lost my interest at some point and there were other gamesI wanted to play so these were never completed Well, I think that covers it but I bet there's a few that I've forgotten about. Just don't want to thionk about what this comes to in total hours
OK, good ol Randy was kind enough to tag me to do one of these so let's get it over with I'll try to keep it short and sweet.
1. First car I ever owned was a 67 Buick GS-400 back around 1979. It didn't handle very well but it was incredibly fast. I'm fortunate I didn't get killed with the way I used to fly that thing!
2. I'm not into reality TV but the one show I watch is Ghosthunters, mainly because these guys come from Rhode Island, where I spent most of my life.
3. The one big trip I went on was about 16 years ago when Shannon and I toured castles throughout southern England and Wales. Also spent one afternoon in Paris frantically trying to see as much as we could before the boat went back to England!
4. Favorite all-time movie - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It's also ranked as #4 all-time on IMDB.com. Hard to believe this movie is 42 years old! I'm not really into Westerns but this movie is incredible. Great action and actors that were born to play these parts.
5. While we're on the subject, my all-time favorite actor would be Christopher Lee. I admit he gave me nightmares as a kid with his portrayal of Dracula, but this guy is the epitome of cool. He continues to be a powerful actor plus he was a Special Operations Executive during WW2, which he can't talk about since it's cl***ified, but during filming of Lord of the Rings he did explain to director Peter Jackson the accurate way someone would die if they were knifed in the back
6. I've been a major WWE/WWF fan for 25 years and have gone to many shows. Still prefer the oldschool and the Hulkster and HBK are my favorites.
7. Played defensive end in highschool football. Got the nickname of "Head Hunter" since I would sack the QB by jumping on their back. Really not the most effective way to tackle but it looked cool
8. The weekend before I got married Shannon and I spent the day at the beach and got horrible sunburns. I couldn't even walk for a couple of days because my legs and feet were so swollen. I still remember limping to City Hall to get our license. Fortunately by the wedding day we had recovered but it was close!
9. My all-time favorite cereal was Pink Panther Flakes, which unfortunately hasn't been available since the 70's.
10. At the time of this blog I had just passed 12,000 posts on Gamespot. Nothing really significant about that but I've always had a fascination with numbers, guess that goes with being an accountant.
My Recent Reviews
Apr 12, 2013 9:20 pm GMTceltic1962 gave LEGO The Lord of the Rings a score of 8.5
Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm GMTceltic1962 gave BioShock Infinite a score of 8.5
Apr 12, 2013 9:11 pm GMTceltic1962 added BioShock Infinite to their owned game list
Apr 12, 2013 9:11 pm GMTceltic1962 added Tomb Raider to their owned game list
Mar 31, 2013 4:23 am GMTceltic1962 added BioShock Infinite to their now playing list
Mar 31, 2013 4:23 am GMTceltic1962 added BioShock Infinite to their owned game list