Wii U Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and 3D Mario all in next Nintendo Direct
The next Nintendo Direct will take place before E3 starts on June 11.
Nintendo has said on Twitter that its next Nintendo Direct will feature a look at Wii U versions of Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and the new 3D Mario title in the works at the Japanese publisher.
The Nintendo of America Twitter account wrote, "#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3."
Nintendo said in January that Nintendo EAD Tokyo, the team that made Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2, and Super Mario 3D Land, will be in charge of the new 3D Mario.
The new Smash Bros, meanwhile, is being developed by Namco Bandai.
No date has been given for the next Nintendo Direct. E3 2013 runs from June 11 through June 13.
Nintendo has opted out of a large-scale E3 press conference this year, saying it will instead focus its efforts elsewhere.
Last week's Nintendo Direct featured the publisher announcing a three-game exclusive Sonic partnership with Sega, a release date for New Super Luigi U, and new details about Pikmin 3.
Content you might like…
Users who looked at this article also looked at these content items.
Hot Stories
Newsmakers
-
Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO?
[UPDATE] Source says team of 100 developers working on upcoming MMO reduced by 70; game now expected in 2016 at the earliest; Blizzard confirms "large design and technology changes." Full Story
- Posted May 28, 2013 4:36 pm PT
-
Industry sounds off on violent games debate
Developers from Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard challenge assertion that games cause violence; "It's like finding your dad's Playboys under the bed and blaming Playboy." Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 7:46 am PT
Featured Stories
-
Xbox One can talk - Report
Source says Microsoft currently testing Siri-like feature for next-gen platform and mode that allows friends to take over gameplay. Full Story
- Posted May 24, 2013 10:18 am PT
-
Video Games: The Movie hits funding goal
Mediajuice Studios' documentary on games gets $60,000 in funding in under two weeks; stretch goals revealed. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 8:17 am PT
-
Ubisoft: Console transition 'pivotal moment' for industry
CEO Yves Guillemot says new console cycle will be watershed moment for the industry; next-gen console installed base could double previous generation. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 11:28 am PT
-
Kaz Hirai: PS4 is 'first and foremost' a video game console
Sony CEO asserts the PlayStation 4 as primarily a gaming console, but adds that more non-game functionality will be revealed in time. Full Story
- Posted May 31, 2013 4:01 am PT
-
Zombies sell, says Take-Two chief
CEO Strauss Zelnick says "I'd like to do zombies in everything." Full Story
- Posted May 30, 2013 7:59 am PT






