Announcements, blogs, reviews, and more.
GameSpot Is All Shiny and New
We've made a few simple navigation changes here at GameSpot, and there have been a few secret happenings. We hope that the new look will help GameSpotters navigate with a bit more ease than before. Feel free to check out this article for more details about the changes. We understand that the changes won't make everyone happy, and we are open to your constructive suggestions and feedback. Feel free to share what you would like to see via the Feedback buttons located on the site and platform pages where you can speak your mind.
Win a Trip to Attend E3
Want to attend the Electronic Entertainment Expo but never thought you'd have the chance? Well, thanks to the good people at Klondike, you have the chance. Klondike is giving away two trips to Los Angeles, California, where you and a buddy will be able to brag to all your friends that you were there. To be eligible to win, you must be 18 or older, as well as a US resident and a Twitter user that follows @gamespot. For more information, check the recent announcement.
Riddle Me This: Week 3 GameSpot GS-MR_Riddles Activity
We are entering week three of our GameSpot Mr. Riddles answers activity. We've been very impressed with the answers we've been given by you GameSpotters, and we look forward to your future submissions. This week is all about stuff--items, schwag, and gaming goodies. Remember those whose answers are chosen will receive the rare Answers Expert emblem. For more details on this activity, you can check out the rules page.
Portal Kombat Trivia!
For those of you who missed our live game night where we showcased Mortal Kombat and a few sneak peeks at Portal 2 co-op, it was quite the event. Chris pleaded with the GameSpotter community to play with him, Jody force-fed Polybren a hotdog, and of course an awesome emblem! But if you missed the live show, don't worry, we didn't forget about you. We are having some game night trivia to give those of you who missed out a chance at an awesome emblem.
GameSpot Asia Contest & Game Night
Our friends over in Asia have a couple of activities worth considering. First, there's a special EA preview event this weekend, and they're giving away tickets! They are also hosting a Crysis 2 game night, which will start on May 6 (Friday) from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. SGT sharp. If you'd like to meet up with them, be sure to check the time zone converter! Drop by their announcement in the GameSpot Asia discussion forum
Video Game History Month
Legacy gamers! Starting today, GameSpot has launched our ongoing Video Games History Month feature. This week we'll have Tokyo Game Show, Sega Dreamcast, Duke Nukem, and Randy Pitchford featured. Also, every Friday this month we'll have a different game featured on GameSpot's Now Playing episode. This week's Now Playing episode features Mortal Kombat, but be sure to drop by each Friday to watch other Now Playing episodes with Twisted Metal, Duke Nukem, and Tomb Raider.
The member spotlight goes to Cloud_765 for making a new blog series about his Top 100 video games.
YouTube Video Spotlight
- biggest_looser has another fantastic movie review. This week he talks about Water for Elephants.
- c_rake explains that while the Nintendo Wii sensor is still coming, it might be a little late.
- Pierst179 tells us what he thinks about GoldenEye 007.
- Setho10 talks about his most anticipated summer games.
- ZanarkandTidus has been playing Mass Effect 2 and is sharing this thoughts.
- yeah_write explains what he thinks about kids these days.
- Uesugi_dono shares with us the game that just keeps on giving.
- MudkipMaster30 thinks that post counts should be removed from GameSpot.
- Hellfire-1 explains the finer points of building gate carriers in Starcraft 101.
- TechnologoDoom: explains why he thinks puzzle games are best on portable gaming devices.
- siberian142 shares his top five Final Fantasy characters.
- ShootumUP26 shares his 10 best downloadable games.
- Brendan Sinclair shares his experience using the Roxio Game Capture device while recording WWE Smackdown.
- Takeshi Hiraoka might not be doing any friendly import videos right now, but he did update his blog sharing a GameSpot Japan update about the Aquapazza trailer.
- Tyler Winegarner has posted his thoughts about the mystery of the futbol in the Portal 2 forum, but be sure to avoid reading any spoilers!
- James Kozanecki from GS AU talks about heading out to London for a Brink Tournament.
- Carolyn Petit has a blog about vintage commercials.
- Sophia Tong has more photos showing off her talented dog.
- Dan Chiappini from GameSpot AU has announced the winners of their Infamous 2 preview event contest.
- LGTX Portal 2
- Gelugon_baat Myth III: The Wolf Age
- DraugenCP Crysis 2
- asian_pride69 Hector: Badge of Carnage
- TechnologoDoom Far Cry 2
- VintAge68 Homefront
-ZanarkandTidus Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel Reviews
-ShadowLaguna Hyperdimension Neptunia
3DS / DS
-JustPlainLucas Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
- Garrison_Ford Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Daavpuke Super Sidekicks
- AlmightyMax Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- PAJ89 You Don't Know Jack
- gamefreak197 Super Mario Bros. 3
Tip of the Week
This week's tip is about understanding netiquette. We share why you should be mindful of what you say or do on the Internet!
Thank you for the mention. However, Hyperdimension Neptunia is on PS3, not the 3DS/DS (as far as I'm concerned, I don't even have a 3DS yet). :P
I really like the video game history feature, makes me know more about old gaming stuff that i didnt know about :D Anyways, congrats to Cloud_765!
Awesome Congrats to Cloud, dude deserves it. Also, thanks so much for another mention, it's been a while. Even if it's not really my best work, it is on one of my classic games from my childhood. w00t!
Woo thanks for the mention! But congrats to you @Cloud_765! Should give those Top 100 a read sometime :wink:
Thanks for taking interest in my blog and featuring it here. And congrats to Cloud on the member spotlight. :)
Congrats to you Cloud_765! And look at me, another mention for a 3DS review! :lol: I think I really am the only person reviewing those games! :lol:
This is the most unexpected thing ever to happen to me on this site. But I am very honored!! I also read several of those blogs already, they were all fairly good.
Aww shucks, thanks for the mention. :) I probably should have clarified better, the game is Starcraft 2, and it teaches how to rush to carriers relativly safetly. :P but it's just a minor detail. You have no idea how happy this makes me. :)
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT