Get more information about the game.
In early 2003, the Unreal adventure continued with the highly anticipated release of the action shooter Unreal II: The Awakening. Now, that PC hit is recharged and reloaded as a gripping Xbox Live release, packed with brand new explosive excitement for solo, team and multiplayer combat.
All of the suspense, adrenaline-pumping destruction and awesome visuals from the original are there, along with a full lineup of unique multiplayer options that serious shooter fans won't want to miss. Player-controlled vehicles add to the carnage, acting as both transport and heavy weaponry--launch into battle and mow down the opposition.
Along the outer edge of space, players are plunged into a desperate mission to kill all comers--alien and otherwise--and prevent the awakening of an evil force. With a mind-boggling array of firepower, hardened warriors must protect the last gasp of humanity through scorching heat, over icy terrain, and within eerie alien cities.
- Full Xbox Live support, with multiplayer modes that include head-to-head action and class-based team play.
- A crushing arsenal of weapons - and the introduction of blazing fast armored vehicles.
- A variety of mission objectives (assault, infiltration, defense), providing for a diverse gameplay experience.
- Famed Unreal Engine technology, resulting in enormously detailed graphics, ranging from fire and smoke, and hair and clothing, to enormous alien worlds with breath-taking vistas, and claustrophobic underground tunnels.
- Relentless enemies - Soldiers, aliens, and the return of the feared Skaarj, from the original Unreal.
- A wide range of battlegrounds, from lush jungles to arid deserts.
- A riveting, foreboding plotline taking players from mission to mission.
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 6, 2013 3:41 pm PT
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 11, 2013 5:52 pm PT