SAN FRANCISCO, CA – December 14, 2006 – Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry Vengeance for the Wii is available on retail shelves today. Based on the highly successful Far Cry Instincts Evolution, Far Cry Vengeance expands on the experience with a new storyline, new maps and new weapons. Players will be able to drive, shoot, slash, jump and climb their way through a rebel-infested, tropical hell utilizing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Far Cry Vengeance is rated "M" for Mature and has an MSRP of $49.99.
About the Game
The incident at Jacutan Archipelago changed Jack Carver's life forever. Jack has had little choice but to embrace the disturbing talents unleashed by Krieger's unique brand of folk medicine. Back at his home port in Micronesia, Jack thought he had finally found paradise. But when a gorgeous woman draws him in on a dangerous heist, their sun-drenched days take a chilling turn. Hunted for a murder he didn't commit, Jack must draw on his most savage instincts to make his predators his prey. Game features include:
- Wii Unleashed – Dig deeper into the power of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk through survival tactics that include driving, shooting, jumping, balancing, climbing, throwing grenades and Far Cry's ever-popular Feral attack.
- Weapons – Choose from a variety of weapons in a struggle to endure the rebel-infested jungle. Take down an unsuspecting victim from behind with a machete or meet the fight head-on with your machine gun.
- Vehicles – From ATVs to hovercrafts, pickup trucks to Jet Skis, drive over, around and through vicious combat situations.
- Interactive Environments – Utilize the lush, tropical surroundings to your advantage, using stealth to sneak through the foliage past unsuspecting rebels.
- Unleash the Wrath – Feel what its like to be the predator, not the prey, as you unleash the beast within. Jump higher, run faster and slash with more fury than all of your enemies combined through the animalistic Feral abilities unique to the Far Cry series.
- Multiplayer – Challenge your friends in Far Cry Vengeance's frenetic Chaos mode as you battle to be the last person standing.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005–2006 fiscal year, an increase of 3 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Nintendo's next system, Wii, will feature a controller designed to be used with either one hand or two – a first in the video game industry. When picked up and pointed at the screen, the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.
2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.Based on Crytek's original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli. Powered by Crytek's technology "CryEngine." Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo 2006 Nintendo.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT