SAN FRANCISCO – August 30, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced the release of Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate, an add-on for the critically acclaimed turn-based strategy game. Developed by Nival Interactive, the add-on will be available in November 2006.
The add-on includes the following key features:
- New faction: Introducing the brand-new Dwarves faction, made up of heroic warriors and rune magic adepts who stalk Ashan's deepest mountains and most hostile regions.
- A brand-new adventure: Featuring 15 new missions, new heroes, and improved cut-scenes, the new campaign will lead players even deeper into the dramatic events that began with Heroes of Might and Magic V.
- Extended game experience: Includes a wealth of new spells and abilities, five new single-player maps, 10 new multiplayer maps, new buildings, new artifacts, and new neutral creatures, Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate gives players the tools to develop new tactics, and further their game experience both online and offline.
- Improved mechanics and gameplay: Thanks to new features such as caravans and a random map generator, players will enjoy unlimited replayability and an even smoother gameplay experience. In addition, the simultaneous turn feature will speed up online games.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005–2006 fiscal year, an increase of 3 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Heroes of Might and Magic V 2006 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Heroes, Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Developed by Nival Interactive.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT