SAN FRANCISCO – JANUARY 22, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it will launch the Driver 76 video game for the PSP (PlayStation Portable) system. Driver 76 will feature all-new content with 27 new missions exclusively designed for gaming on the go. Driver 76 is the first all-new edition of the famed Driver series to be released since Ubisoft acquired the franchise in 2006. Developed by Sumo Digital Ltd. and Ubisoft's Reflections studio, Driver 76 will be released in March 2007.
Faithful to the brand spirit, Driver 76 is an action driving game that features Hollywood-style car chases while also letting the player experience the open environment on foot. The game thrusts the player into the heart of the 1970s, through 27 missions divided into six main plots. Players can take side jobs, earning cash that can be used to modify their rides. Driver 76 also offers an extensive multiplayer mode and a host of mini-games ranging from street races to all out carnage in Destruction Derby mode.
- All-New Content Developed Exclusively for the PSP system – Twenty-seven all-new missions created for the PSP system.
- Prequel Storyline to Driver Parallel Lines – The year is 1976, two years before Driver Parallel Lines.
- Multiplayer Games and Downloadable Content – Games include Street Racing, Destruction Derby, Pink Slip Racing and Swap Meet. Also download new paintjobs to use on your collected vehicles in the garage.
- Experience Open Environments in Authentic 1970's New York – All the architecture, music, cars and clothes of the '70s. Spans New York from Jersey to Coney Island.
- Vehicle Modification System – Collect your favorite vehicles and complete side job missions to get the cash to modify your ride.
- High-Speed Hollywood Racing Action – High-speed car races and crashes. Go even faster by customizing your car with special parts.
- Authentic '70s Soundtrack – Immerse yourself in the '70s with classic songs from the decade.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005–2006 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. Driver, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. "PlayStation", "PS" Family logo, and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick Duo may be required (sold separately).
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 6, 2013 3:41 pm PT
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 11, 2013 5:52 pm PT