Get more information about the game.
As Nick Kang, your brutal reputation and lethal skills have landed you a nasty job: heading up an undercover task force to stop the Chinese and Russian gangs from turning the City of Angels into their hellish playground.
Drive, fight and blast your way through a massive array of unpredictable missions, using stealth techniques, martial arts moves, and an ask-questions-later arsenal.
For maximum replayability, a changeable, branching storyline gives you the freedom to complete missions as you choose--however, you also have to face the consequences of those choices for better or worse. Successes or failures lead to entirely different game experiences, unveiling multiple storylines with no repeated missions.
Build skills as you progress, learn new fighting moves, more sophisticated shooting skills and driving maneuvers. Get all the gritty detail of the real undercover world in a painstakingly recreated Los Angeles featuring recognizable landmarks and famous streets. Cruise the city taking down or harassing the scum of the streets. Bust drug dealers and prostitutes, shakedown informants and confront gang members to get the job done.
Looks like the hardcore streets of L.A. have just met their match.
- Training - Build up your skills and add new driving, fighting, and shooting abilities and maneuvers by visiting the driving courses, dojos, and shooting ranges.
- LA The Hard Way - Set in Los Angeles, the world's seediest playground, you have 250 square miles to explore and battle in--not only pursuing the Russian and Chinese syndicates in driving, fighting, and shooting missions, but also taking care of the litany of random crime occurring all over the city.
- Nick Kang, E.O.D. Operative - Thrown off the police squad for countless suspensions for excessive force and massive property damage, you now find the perfect home for your style in the E.O.D., a specialized crime fighting task force with the ability to handle situations any way they deem necessary. You represent the best chance LA has to take out the merciless gangs terrorizing LA and you're going to need all your fighting, driving, and shooting skills to succeed.
- Crime Never Sleeps - The Russian and Chinese crime syndicates have turned LA into a hellish playground and it's up to you to take them down. The action never stops as you play through a branching storyline where your decisions, successes, and failures take you through different paths through the game. You are never forced to repeat missions as you simply live with the consequences of your decisions.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT