Get more information about Tony Hawk's Project 8.
Reengineered from the ground up for Sony and Microsoft's next-generation consoles, Tony Hawk's Project 8 immerses players in the definitive skateboarding experience using ultra-realistic graphics, enhanced physics and extremely responsive controls that simulate the feeling of skating with every trick and bail. The game challenges players to experience the intensity and pressure of skating against some of the world's top pros in true to life competitions as they aim to become the #1 skater and establish their town as a skateboard destination. Delivering continuous skating action in a free-roaming living environment, Tony Hawk's Project 8 incorporates the series' most popular features, all of which have been enhanced with next-generation technology.
- Next Generation Gameplay Brings Skateboarding to Life: Tony Hawk's Project 8 is built from the ground up with an entirely new engine for Sony and Microsoft next-generation consoles and features the most advanced graphics ever for a Tony Hawk game, including full 3D body scans of pro athletes and motion captured skateboard tricks. Gamers have the freedom to progress through the game in multiple ways and decide the type of pro skate they want to be.
- Most Unique, Robust and Realistic Skateboarding Game Experience Ever: Tony Hawk's Project 8 offers more goals, side-missions, secret areas and mini games than any other Tony Hawk game. Players track stats with new in-game record keeping, switch characters mid-game to accomplish a goal, or just skate how they want to skate.
- Innovative, Never-Before-Seen Gameplay Elements: Featuring new gameplay mechanics, Tony Hawk's Project 8 challenges fans with the most goals ever in a Tony Hawk game. Players interact with pro skaters who teach special tricks and show paths to secret areas. New elements include:
- Filmer and Photo Goals – On the way to #1 pro-skater status, players must trick through photo shoot locations, or follow a filmer with a video camera and complete his instructions while keeping up with him.
- "Picture-in-a-Picture" – Player can watch gameplay unfold on the main screen while observing the action on film in a superimposed video box.
- "Movable Ramps and Rails throughout the city" – Place ramps and rails to set up amazing lines and/or gain access to secret spots.
- "Impress the Locals" – For the first time ever, players must impress in-game citizens and pedestrians to build up respect. The pedestrians watch players perform tricks, laugh at brutal bails and punch players in the gut for knocking into them.
- Enhanced Physics and Responsive Controls: The new physics system introduces advanced grinds and bails that allow players to control falls and minimize or maximize damage for fun with the innovative new ragdoll bail mode. A greater sense of momentum and gravity is impossible to miss, and provides the most realistic virtual skate experience ever.
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 6, 2013 3:41 pm PT
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 11, 2013 5:52 pm PT