Can you win more than one TOTS show? (If I luckily win today, is it still possible to win tomorrow? or are my chances forever lowered?)
We have some more tips about how you might get the best TOTS trivia prizes if you play it smart!
1. DID YOU WIN?: We wonít leave you in the rain on this one. You actually receive an e-mail notifying you that you have won something. If we have a moment to announce the winners to the world, we also display your real name in the Producerís Note blog and/or you might get a mention in an episode of Today on the Spot.
2. WHY ENTER YOUR MAILING ADDRESS?: Make sure you are filling out the trivia form with the mailing address. If you do not use the trivia form but prefer the TOTS e-mail address, include your real name and mailing address. I would have to believe that 90 percent of the users who contact us through the TOTS e-mail are ineligible for a prize because they forget about this tiny little detail. If you are curious about why we donít select winners and then contact each of them for their mailing address, this is a time-consuming process and there can be a variety of answers to this question. First, let me share why we have you enter your mailing address in the trivia submission form ahead of time.
Reason 1 - If you are a long-time registrant you might not have updated your mailing address in years. We have had packages returned in the past and weíd prefer being completely certain this prize will not get returned to us.
Reason 2 - New GameSpot registrants no longer have to enter their mailing address, which means many new accounts wonít have a mailing address for us to send the prize to.
The other question I receive is about why we don't randomly select users and then contact each of them about their mailing address rather than randomly select users based on them filling out their mailing address.
Reason 3 - Some countries have limitations on what can be won or mailed. Each country has rules and regulations. We have to consider the item and the value of the item, and then we gather a list of users who are eligible to be randomly selected.
Reason 4 - We also deal with three days' worth of prizes. The volume of prize mailouts has increased to three times what it was before and there is no staff member dedicated to prize mailouts. We take shifts out of our own work schedules to mail out these prizes, and fewer e-mails back and forth saves us time and effort.
3. DO YOU HAVE A GAME LIST?: There have been occasions when we give away different platform accessories for the DS, Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. If you donít tell us what youíd like, we might take a peek at your GameSpot game library. If you donít have a game library (collection or tracked list) filled out, we wonít know which accessory to send you. We rarely e-mail winners with a selection of items because there are too many of you to contact for the day (once again, a time-consuming back-and-forth effort and how unfair would it be that we contacted you and not all of you with a selection of items?). When we e-mail you we might be delaying the entire shipment of other GameSpotter prizes, and we'd like to avoid that if possible. If you don't have your game library filled out, you might end up with what was left over if other users told us what they wanted or we took a peek at other GameSpotters' game lists. Check tip 4 if youíd like to also save us even more time by allowing us to skip a peek at your game lists in your profile.
4. WHICH ITEM?: When answering the trivia, donít forget to share what you want if you see numerous items available for a specific trivia question. Tell us the T-shirt size you prefer, the platform for an accessory, item (wristband, hat, etc.), and games that you are interested in. Some users have sent us their order of preference, which helps if the item you originally wanted has been given to another winner. There have been occasions when we have a variety of items and if you donít share what you want we will make a judgment call for you. Why not increase your chances of getting what you actually wanted?
5. BE SELECTIVE: Remember, when you win one item you will not win the second, third, or fourth trivia item for the day even if you are randomly selected for all of them. If you donít mind winning one item over another, then you are welcome to answer all of the questions for the trivia session of the day. However, if you really want to win a certain item, answer only that trivia question. That item you really wanted might be overlooked if you already won another trivia item for the day. For an example: User1994 answers trivia question 1 for a T-shirt he doesnít care about. He also answers trivia question 2 for a platform accessory he really wants, and then he answers trivia question 3 for a stuffed animal he doesnít care for--all in the same e-mail. If he is randomly selected for the T-shirt and already wins that item, he wonít be eligible for the other two trivia questions even if he is randomly selected for all three items.
@Shinibi: Depends on the item. Getting in your trivia answer in on the day the show is published increases your chances for most prize items. If the prize item is worth a lot more we might gather all entrants for a 2 or 3 day window, which is dependent on when the next show is published. For instance, there might be a larger window for entrants to submit a trivia for a Saturday trivia then there is for a Tuesday or Thursday trivia. As for when are they are selected, we don't have a dedicated team for trivia so it might depend on the work schedules.
Two questions: 1. When are the winners usually selected or notified? 2. When is the last day to enter for the trivia prize?
Thanks for the tips, Jody. I got headaches from the c1ass I learned how to hand code XML, HTML, and CSS. It's one of the reasons I'm going to college for art, instead of website design. Even if Dreamweaver does make it a lot easier.
I know some countries have limitations but are you limited to certain countries? Only US and Canada or can you mail to latin america too...it's still in America...if that helps :?
Playing Xbox One games on somebody else's console will also require a check-in every hour. Full Story
- Posted Jun 6, 2013 3:41 pm PT
Xbox boss Don Mattrick believes concerns over connectivity are overblown, recommends Xbox 360 for those without an Internet connection. Full Story
- Posted Jun 11, 2013 5:52 pm PT