Get more information about the game.
Sonic and company are back and better than ever in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Nintendo GameCube. Dr. Eggman is up to his old tricks, and it's up to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to stop him yet again. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle features faster action, all-new two-player games, and a branching storyline that lets you choose to save the world as the Hero side, or conquer it as the Dark side. Two new playable characters enter the Sonic universe--a mysterious dark hedgehog called Shadow, and a jewel-thieving bat named Rouge. In the single-player mode, you'll go through more than 30 unique stages, which include everything from a forgotten pyramid, an abandoned military base, and a giant space station. Then there's the expanded two-player mode, which features 12 playable characters competing in new head-to-head games. All of this adds up to Sonic's biggest adventure yet.
- New two-player Battle mode featuring action racing, treasure hunting, shooting, kart racing, Chao racing, and the comical new Chao karate.
- 12 playable characters - Six hero and dark characters plus six others from the Sonic series, including Amy Rose, Metal Sonic, and Chaos Zero.
- Cable Link with Game Boy Advance - Raise and train your Chao on the go.
- Single-player Adventure mode lets you try to save the world as Sonic and friends, or conquer it as Shadow, Rouge, and Dr. Robotnik.
- New Moves - Grind down rails, grab ledges, and swing from poles.
- More than action 30 stages and 150 missions. Can you collect all 180 emblems?
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT