Burlingame, CA - November 9, 2004 - KOEI, recognized worldwide as a leading publisher of strategy and action games, today announced SAMURAI WARRIORS XTREME LEGENDS has shipped to retailers throughout North America. The Tactical Action game is exclusive to the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, and is available now at a suggested retail price of only $29.99.
"Packed with four new playable characters, a stable of 19 warriors, new stages, and much more Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends offers a tremendous value for gamers hungry for refreshing alternatives" said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales & Marketing for KOEI Corporation.
"Budget-minded consumers who are looking for a great low-priced video game for the upcoming holiday season should pick up Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends."
Here is what the gaming enthusiast press has to say about SAMURAI WARRIORS XTREME LEGENDS:
- Xtreme Legends is a great investment for those who have yet to delve into KOEI's new series." Game of the Month - Newtype USA
- Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends offers button-mashing, tactical combat at a furious pace, and it looks good doing it." - Michael Lafferty, GameZone.com
- The Warriors franchise has always been an awesome marriage of arcade-style simplicity and role-playing game concepts, and Samurai
- Warriors: Xtreme Legends is Koei's best rendition yet." - Worthplaying.com
- The graphics are definitely stellar, with plenty of special effects and enemies on the field." - Digital Entertainment News
- This is the very definition of the perfect pick-up-and-play game that only gets more fun the longer you play it, something the series has been able to do from the start. Do yourself a favor and pick it up pronto." - PSX2.com
Consumers can purchase the title at retailers nationwide and online at ebgames.com, gamestop.com, toysrus.com, mediaplay.com, and walmart.com.
About Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends (SWXL)
The expansion pack, which can also be played without the original Samurai Warriors disc comes packed with a full roster of 19 Samurai Warriors that includes four new fighting legends, each with their own storyline. Tadakatsu Honda is a decidedly fierce warrior in the vein of Dynasty Warriors' famed Lu Bu. Warrior Princess Ina, the daughter of Honda, is as lethal as she is beautiful. The peasant who rose to prominence, Hideyoshi Hashiba, is noted as being the Unifier of Japan. Last but not least is Yoshimoto Imagawa, the warlord and archrival of the powerful Nobunaga Oda.
Here is a summary of SAMURAI WARRIORS XTREME LEGENDS new features:
- Four new playable characters!
- Lead a campaign on the new Battlefield of Komaki-Nagakute!
- New VS mode stages, new Survival mode course and new difficulty levels.
- Added 6th weapon level and upgrade system, new items and skills.
- Redesigned 2P Musou attack.
- Modified Character Growth System and Character Potentials, improved balance and A.I.
- Two new levels of difficulty.
- Bonus historical Archive.
- Memory card data from Samurai Warriors is compatible with Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends.
Consumers can learn more at the game's official minisite located at www.koei.com.
SAMURAI WARRIORS XTREME LEGENDS was developed by KOEI's internal studio, Omega Force, the award-winning team behind the Dynasty Warriors series. SAMURAI WARRIORS XTREME LEGENDS is a game for 1-2 players, exclusive to the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, and is rated "T" (Teen- Violence) by the ESRB.
About KOEI Corporation
KOEI Corporation, the North American subsidiary of KOEI Co., Ltd. of Japan, established operations in 1988. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company is now in its sixteenth year and is recognized as a leader in the highly competitive video game industry.
KOEI is respected worldwide as the premier brand for Strategy and Simulation games, and is recognized as the innovator of the Tactical Action genre. The company's Dynasty Warriors series has generated nearly 7 million units in sales worldwide, since releasing for the PlayStation game consoles in 1997.
KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the U.S., the U.K., Canada, China, Korea and Taiwan. KOEI employs over six hundred people worldwide, with sales exceeding $250 million. The company constantly seeks the fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education, and provides games that will mesmerize gamers across the globe. More information about KOEI and its products can be found on the company's websites, located at www.koei.com, www.koei.co.uk, and www.koei.co.jp.
Samurai Warriors, Xtreme Legends, Dynasty Warriors, and the KOEI logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KOEI Co., Ltd. (c)2004 KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT