@Hellfire-1 Hi there! GameFAQs actually explains what's happening here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/6-message-board-announcements/62336098
In celebration of the GameFAQs breakup, we're having a party!
GameSpot is celebrating the GameFAQs breakup with style by offering GameSpot members a chance at a special treat! Over the next two weeks, GameSpot members posting topics in the new boards on the game page will receive tickets that we'll add to a fishbowl! We are not kidding, we have a real fishbowl!
The challenge starts March 28 at 3:30 p.m. PT, and you have until Sunday April 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT to participate and automatically be entered. The three ticket holders chosen randomly will each receive a $50 Best Buy gift card as a reward! Get your name in the fishbowl enough times, and you could end up with the whole shebang!
Everyone is invited to play, and we mean EVERYONE! Otherwise it wouldn't be a party!
Each user who creates a topic will receive a ticket.
Every topic that becomes a hot topic (the read/unread icon gains flames) becomes five tickets
You can find all the boards needed to participate in this blog entry here. Keep in mind we'll be adding more boards as we go along. But make sure the board does NOT SAY "powered by GameFAQs."
- A user can have only one eligible topic per hour. If a user chooses to create more than one topic in a given hour, staff will select the topic.
- Topics must be a MINIMUM of 20 words in length.
- Duplicate content / plagiarism will not be tolerated. Violators of this rule will be disqualified and moderated.
- We'll be operating on a raffle system. The more topics, the better your chances. If your name is drawn multiple times, you can receive multiple rewards.
- Forum games (YLYL, Hurt/Heal, etc.) or lounge-type discussions will not count as a submission. We do, however, welcome these activities, but they will not be eligible.
- Forum topics created in boards powered by GameFAQs will NOT be counted.
Winners will be announced via a video announcement.
- The better crafted the topic, the better your chances of making it a hot topic.
- Adding visuals such as video or images might increase interest in your topic.
- The more topics you post, the better your chances.
Be sure to check back for other ways you can earn profile points and emblems.
Got a question? Post it in the comments below.
@Synthia: I'm confused, if Gamespot split with Gamefaqs, then why are the game forums still run by Gamefaqs? And where are we supposed to be posting topics then? Because the game specific forums are still run by Gamefaqs it says. :?
@James00715 It's explained in the community blog that some of the boards were created in error for testing purposes mainly, but since we have them around they might as well get used.
It doesn't make sense to have separate main and platform forums if the game only has one platform. Diablo 3 is PC only, so why is there Diablo 3 Forum and Diablo 3 PC Forum? Redundant. There should only be one. That may not be the best example (rumors of a console port) but you get the point.
Cool, if only the glitch that stops me from posting new topics, editing topics and only allowing me to quick reply is fixed then i can participate. :P
Content you might like…
We get an exclusive look at Sleeping Dogs at Comic-Con 2012!
- Jul 17, 2012
Users who looked at this article also looked at these content items.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT