Get more information about NHL 09.
Welcome to the future of sports gaming with NHL09. With all-new Be A Pro mode, step onto the ice and play an entire career as yourself through a dynamic camera angle that brings you closer to the action than ever before. For rookie players, an easy-to-use game control system evens the playing field, allowing newcomers to challenge more experienced players as soon as the puck drops. Playing with the confidence of an All-Star, storm the European front by playing out a Dynasty career in some of the most prominent leagues in Europe. Whether you're a proven veteran or picking up the game for the first time, strive to Be a Pro and become a legend with NHL 09.
- All-New Be a Pro—Play out an entire career as your favorite NHL player with a dynamic new player-focused camera angle. Instant in-game feedback lets you know where you're excelling and where you need to improve.
- New Rookie Controls—Hit, pass, shoot, and score using a simplified two-button control system. Newcomers to the game can now challenge the best of the best.
- European Dynasty Leagues—Play out multiple seasons in the official Swedish, Finnish, Czech, and German Leagues, and, for the first time, play a season in the Russian Super League.
- Become a Legend—Master the Skill Stick to take your game to the next level. With improved stick-handling, passing, and shooting accuracy, you'll be an NHL All-Star in no time.
- Authentic NHL Gameplay—From detailed player likenesses, alternate team sweaters, ice spray, true-to-life sounds when crashing off the boards, and more, this is a truly authentic hockey experience.
- Conquer Rivals Around the World—Challenge friends and rivals online in head-to-head games, season mode, or in a World Tournament, or take on the role of commissioner, hosting league play with up to 30 teams.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT