Get more information about the game.
Probably one of the oldest sports in the history of civilization, boxing has always made use of the most contemporary medium of the day.
700 years BC, in the city-state of Elis, the populace gathered at the sands of combat to view the combatants. Hundreds of years later, boxing still drew people together, but this time at the Coliseum in Rome where it had become the contest of choice for many a spectator.
Thousands of years forward in time again and boxing people were flocked to underground cellar-bar fights. Before long its popularity was again acknowledged, the sport became legitimized, rules were applied and boxing's followers numbered more than ever.
More recently of course, millions switch on live television to gape in awe at the two modern-day gladiators as they put each other to the test, in massive world-famous venues.
And right now, the ancient art of boxing, the sport of kings, comes to the very latest media, ducking through the ropes directly into the homes of boxing fans across the United States and the world.
Mike Tyson Heavyweight Boxing arrives on PlayStation 2 and Xbox.
- Commentary by Ian Darke and Bobby Czyz.
- Rain the hurt on your enemy with over 600 brutal power punches, illegal moves, signature blows and combos.
- Take your opponent apart through nine separate game modes--Belt mode, Speed Boxing, Exhibition mode, and more.
- Bring the big fight atmosphere home with the intuitive, ultra-fast control system, and unbelievable TV realistic graphics.
- The P&IN (Polymorphic and Interpolative Node-mapping) facial damage engine delivers the most brutal boxing experience ever. As the fight progresses players faces get more and more bruised and bloody, if the damage gets too bad then the ref will check the guys face, if it starts to get horrific, with blood flying everywhere whenever he is hit, then the ref will soon stop the fight. Similarly if a player throws too many illegal blows he will be warned and eventually disqualified by the referee.
- Create unique custom fighters then upgrade them with over 185 unlockable improvements. Custom boxers start off on bronze level and each time they win a belt they move up to the next ranking, silver, then gold, then once they have managed to beat Mike Tyson and win the gold belt, they become platinum level, which is the top level in this game.
- Fight in 20 international arenas including Carnival City, Caesars Palace, and Wembley Arena.
- The game has a phenomenally large amount of unlocks (over 200) and has been designed so that with virtually every fight the player can receive a little reward and feel as though he is progressing through the game. There are also a number of different records table, so the player should always have a target to beat with each of his fights.
- Moves available to all characters at any time include: Jab, Uppercut (Can be powered up), Right, Hook (Can be powered up), Left Hook (Can be powered up), Right Cross (Can be powered up), Left Cross (Can be powered up), Right Bodyshot, Left Bodyshot, Right Counter, Left, Counter, Elbow, Low Blow, Block Up, Block Down, Deflect Shot Right, Deflect Shot, Left, Dodge Right, Dodge Left, Duck, Sway Back, Push, Circle Right, Circle Left, Move, Forwards, Back Off, Dummy Punch, Taunt, Throw Regular Combo (512 variations), Throw Bronze Combo, Throw Silver Combo, Throw Gold Combo, Throw Platinum Combo, (The Combos are represented by the stars at the bottom of the screen).
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT