Translation : "We started out going overboard so people would be happy we're scaling back the things they didn't like, while still basically getting what we want".
We're not stupid, Microsoft. Dump the online checks, the kinect requirement, and get your greedy paws out of used game or your console is going to crash and burn.
Microsoft 'rounding up answers' on Xbox One's DRM stance
Major Nelson says Microsoft is putting together a definitive list of answers to lingering Xbox One questions, and that "they look pretty good."
Microsoft has said it is "listening" to the various complaints and concerns surrounding the unveiling of its next-generation Xbox One console last week.
Microsoft spokesperson Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said that Microsoft is readying up a series of answers relating to key concerns over DRM, the need for the console to check in online, and a perceived lack of focus from Microsoft on gaming.
Responding to a critical statement on Twitter, Hryb said, "I am working on rounding up answers, and they look pretty good. Once I have them all I'll make a post."
"And yes, we are listening," he asserted.
Many core questions about the nature of the Xbox One currently remain unanswered by Microsoft at this point, though the company has repeatedly assured gamers to wait for E3. The company earlier this week tried to calm fears about users' privacy surrounding the Xbox One's new Kinect sensor.
Last week Hryb said that "reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future." A previous report had said Microsoft and the original publisher will receive a cut of every used game sold in stores.
Microsoft executive Aaron Greenberg has said the company's E3 showing will "get it right."
For more information on Microsoft's next-gen console, check out GameSpot's Xbox One hub.
Content you might like…
Users who looked at this article also looked at these content items.
Hot Stories
Newsmakers
-
Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO?
[UPDATE] Source says team of 100 developers working on upcoming MMO reduced by 70; game now expected in 2016 at the earliest; Blizzard confirms "large design and technology changes." Full Story
- Posted May 28, 2013 4:36 pm PT
-
Industry sounds off on violent games debate
Developers from Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard challenge assertion that games cause violence; "It's like finding your dad's Playboys under the bed and blaming Playboy." Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 7:46 am PT
Featured Stories
-
Xbox One can talk - Report
Source says Microsoft currently testing Siri-like feature for next-gen platform and mode that allows friends to take over gameplay. Full Story
- Posted May 24, 2013 10:18 am PT
-
Video Games: The Movie hits funding goal
Mediajuice Studios' documentary on games gets $60,000 in funding in under two weeks; stretch goals revealed. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 8:17 am PT
-
Ubisoft: Console transition 'pivotal moment' for industry
CEO Yves Guillemot says new console cycle will be watershed moment for the industry; next-gen console installed base could double previous generation. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 11:28 am PT
-
Kaz Hirai: PS4 is 'first and foremost' a video game console
Sony CEO asserts the PlayStation 4 as primarily a gaming console, but adds that more non-game functionality will be revealed in time. Full Story
- Posted May 31, 2013 4:01 am PT
-
Zombies sell, says Take-Two chief
CEO Strauss Zelnick says "I'd like to do zombies in everything." Full Story
- Posted May 30, 2013 7:59 am PT







