Get more information about Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Game Modes:
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - The complete game of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, which has sold 3.6 million units worldwide, is in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The game has also added the option of a "Third Person View Camera" for every stage of the game. This wider field of vision and complete freedom of movement brings an incredible sense of realism to the game. Gamers will have an easier time spotting enemies on-screen and preparing for their next stealth maneuver.
- MSX 2 versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - The original games that were the genesis of the Metal Gear series are brought to the PlayStation 2. These games continue the storyline which started in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. This is also the first time that these games have been released in North America.
- Snake vs. Ape - Snake and the Apes from Ape Escape are back again for some more action stages.
- Duel Mode - Mode that is unlocked when Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is completed. Players can select any boss to duel.
- Demo Theatre - Mode that is unlocked when Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is completed. Choose any camouflage and face paint and watch the in-game movies. Some of the scenes with Eva may change in the "Peep Mode"!!
- Online Mode - In the online mode, players will be able to battle with up to eight people in five different missions including, "Sneaking Mission," "Capture Mission," "Rescue Mission," "Death Match," and "Team Death Match."
- Sneaking Mission - One player will take the part of Snake in this online mode. Snake will be the victor if that player manages to procure something that is guarded by the other players.
- Team Death Match - Players are divided into teams to play a "vs." game within a set time limit. The team with the most remaining life tickets will be declared the victor.
- Death Match - This is a Battle Royal type of match where it is a free-for-all. The rules can be set-up such that there is a time limit with the winner being the one with the most kills.
- Capture Mission - Players are divided into teams to capture a certain object and deliver it back to their base. Players will be able to re-spawn at the starting point.
- Rescue Mission - Teams will be divided into two with one side being the defender of the certain object, while the other team will try to destroy it. The defenders will try to deliver the object to a certain location. The rules differ here in that the players that are killed cannot re-spawn and will turn into ghosts. (see screenshot to left)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Maps
- Graniny Gorki Lab
- Svyatogornyj East
- Krasnogorje Mountain
- Small forest
- Abolition Factory
- Kill House
- Other stages pending
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT